Palace are a part of the romance of football

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Please get it right if you want to quote...it was not the Charity Shield |(there was no such thing then)....it was the 'Champions of all England' trophy....which your team or any other team cannot do now....I can be a right bitch at times xxx

My team? Err..Brighton you mean? Perhaps you should spend less time being bitchy and more time paying attention. xxx

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Please get it right if you want to quote...it was not the Charity Shield |(there was no such thing then)....it was the 'Champions of all England' trophy....which your team or any other team cannot do now....I can be a right bitch at times xxx

and just because I can be a bitch when hungover, from the FA website...
The FA Charity Shield, as it was formerly known, was first played for in 1908. It evolved from the “Sheriff of London Shield” fixture that had been played annually between a leading professional club and a leading amateur club.

http://www.thefa.com/fa-community-shield/more/history

If you've not got much planned today perhaps you could be a right bitch and let the FA know they've got it wrong too.xxx

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm getting all teary eyed reading this , little old palace making good eh who would have thought it :cry:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm getting all teary eyed reading this , little old palace making good eh who would have thought it :cry:

Tears of laughter no doubt Dougie

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Unless you are a Palace fan where anything goes. There is one individual who openly shows a strange interest in his siblings kids ,claims to be a homosexual but posts homophobic bile about the Albion and threatens rival fans with vile abuse . Yet he seems to be lorded as some sort of hero by the Palace on there.

PK is a pussy cat. Who's the first one ?!!

Little clubs tend to roll around the lower leagues,
We know nothing of this BHA are experts at little league football ,I'd much rather have our 15,000 hardcore than your pathetic attempt at getting behind your team at the Amex against us in the playoffs.
Watch it again if its not to painful you can only hear Palace and a few clackers buzzing away in the back ground.
Intimidating?
What do you think?
Did you leave early like the other 15,000.

How you can say anything about Brighton fans after Wembley is a joke!Loads of plastic day trippers I couldn't get a ticket even though I've followed Palace for the last 40years but now living abroad in the States made it difficult to get a ticket because of all these plastic tossers let's see how many we get for the likes of Stoke,Norwich etc I will fly over for few games a season but it won't be united or Liverpool it will be for the lesser games so I can be there with the other loyal 16,000Palase fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How you can say anything about Brighton fans after Wembley is a joke!Loads of plastic day trippers I couldn't get a ticket even though I've followed Palace for the last 40years but now living abroad in the States made it difficult to get a ticket because of all these plastic tossers let's see how many we get for the likes of Stoke,Norwich etc I will fly over for few games a season but it won't be united or Liverpool it will be for the lesser games so I can be there with the other loyal 16,000Palase fans.

It was all about greed , letting fans pay £25 for a membership (which was only valid for 2 or 3 weeks because the 12 months membership was nearly up) to get 2nd priority after the season ticket holders. Anyone overseas didn't get a look in as the tickets sold out before getting to the general sale stage.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
It was all about greed , letting fans pay £25 for a membership (which was only valid for 2 or 3 weeks because the 12 months membership was nearly up) to get 2nd priority after the season ticket holders. Anyone overseas didn't get a look in as the tickets sold out before getting to the general sale stage.

Agree with you about the membership greed,think it was about a thousand who took advantage/got ripped off.

Not sure why anybody who lives abroad thinks they should get any sort of priority though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agree with you about the membership greed,think it was about a thousand who took advantage/got ripped off.

Not sure why anybody who lives abroad thinks they should get any sort of priority though.

They would have been in with a chance of getting a ticket though if it went to general sale. As for next season any Palace fan living abroad and wanting to see a game at Selhurst will have to pick one of the unattractive fixtures unless they fork out for a membership.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
They would have been in with a chance of getting a ticket though if it went to general sale. As for next season any Palace fan living abroad and wanting to see a game at Selhurst will have to pick one of the unattractive fixtures unless they fork out for a membership.

It was never going to get to general sale because ST holders and members had a second opportunity to buy tickets after the first phase of selling.
As for next season it looks like a membership will be essential,even then to see a category A fixture it looks like a ticket for a category B fixture will have to be purchased as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was never going to get to general sale because ST holders and members had a second opportunity to buy tickets after the first phase of selling.
As for next season it looks like a membership will be essential,even then to see a category A fixture it looks like a ticket for a category B fixture will have to be purchased as well.

At least the club won't need to do a Groupon deal for the games against Stoke and Sunderland :smile:

I don't think I should get Priority over any Palace fans because I live abroad but I should get priority over the Chelsea and Man U fans that went to the playoff final with there divey Palace mates,and I was stating that we shouldn't have a dig at the Brighton fans that we call plastic now because of the Amex Im sure any Brighton fans who were regulars at Gillingham or the withdean who moved abroad and couldn't get a ticket for a play off final would be pissed off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports