Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace and Watford

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think @prodnose was referring to the red and blue stripes as worn by Wright and Bright when he referred to their 'showbiz' kit.

But when it comes to history, Selhurst Barcelona abandoned theirs in 1973 when they allowed Malcolm Allison to ditch the claret and sky blue (and variations thereof) they'd worn for most of their existence in favour of the red and blue - a kit that can't make up its mind. Not that all those teenage Tottenham fans waving flags at Selhurst Park would know that, of course.

Just as well we abandoned our direct copy of the Aston Villa kit (our Secretary of the time - pre WW1 - imported it from there apparently) considering their recent playing history. I don't really miss it though Palace played in it when I first supported them. But until recently red and blue in this country seems to be unique in professional football. Unlike blue and white stripes.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Just as well we abandoned our direct copy of the Aston Villa kit (our Secretary of the time - pre WW1 - imported it from there apparently) considering their recent playing history. I don't really miss it though Palace played in it when I first supported them. But until recently red and blue in this country seems to be unique in professional football. Unlike blue and white stripes.

And why is it unique? cos its crap :smile:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Lesser supported eh? Lets have a look back through history... :dunce:

Between 1921 and 2015 Palace have averaged bigger crowds than Brighton & Massive Albion during 67 seasons, B&MA more than Palace in 21 seasons.
Guess us spending 70 odd years in the 3rd tier didn't help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here