Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Pakistan-England Test Series

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
3rd fastest according to TMS

Score after 3 overs was higher than we’ve ever scored in a T20 international apparently 😳
I thought it was higher than we'd scored in the T20 world cup

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
10 (2 fours) from 8 balls, and a village swipe ends the fun.

Ben Stokes in next

97-2, 70 to win but the light is fading...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Think they said it was Gooch and Atherton on TMS, vs SA
I stand corrected:
For some reason doesn't come up on the statsguru list. 56 runs off exactly 5 overs.
Fair to say Atherton calmed down after a while - he ended up scoring 63 off 113.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This lot are utterly insane and I love it

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Was I the only one who, at the time, thought Stokes was the wrong choice.

I wanted him to concentrate on his batting/bowling.

How wrong was I!
I was thinking that it could go 1 of 2 ways and fortunately its gone this way. The guy will go down in the history books of cricket for this and for all the other things that hes done for the game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was I the only one who, at the time, thought Stokes was the wrong choice.

I wanted him to concentrate on his batting/bowling.

How wrong was I!
Nope, but given his break from the game and struggling a bit with the mental side, think it was natural to think that unless you were speaking to him directly.

I'm not sure I have seen a sporting transformation quite as successful as this one? Going into April I couldn't see how this England test side was going to turn it around. Couldn't open the batting, no tail, fragile middle order, bowling ineffective. It was a shambles. I didn't think there was enough talent to turn it around.

What has happened though is mindboggling. From Keys, to McCullum, to Stokes, to Root buying into it all, it's been miraculous. England have even turned a pitch not worthy of the name into a thrilling match. Sending the kid with a 5 for out to bat at 3 - they don't care, I love it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ben Duckett 50* (38 balls, 8 fours) :clap2:

He has had a good tour.
Top top batsman. Treated terribly by England in 2016. Then the injury and the “drink” with Jimmy.
Anderson had history with Duckett, I wonder if that’s why his career with England has been so short so far.

Reactions: cjd

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Nope, but given his break from the game and struggling a bit with the mental side, think it was natural to think that unless you were speaking to him directly.

I'm not sure I have seen a sporting transformation quite as successful as this one? Going into April I couldn't see how this England test side was going to turn it around. Couldn't open the batting, no tail, fragile middle order, bowling ineffective. It was a shambles. I didn't think there was enough talent to turn it around.

What has happened though is mindboggling. From Keys, to McCullum, to Stokes, to Root buying into it all, it's been miraculous. England have even turned a pitch not worthy of the name into a thrilling match. Sending the kid with a 5 for out to bat at 3 - they don't care, I love it.
The one thing I'd say from listening to them and the pundits talk about the way they play: it's not that they don't care about the consequences of the more apparently cavalier decisions, a lot of thought seems to go in behind the scenes around how to get the best out of the players and the tactics used.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The one thing I'd say from listening to them and the pundits talk about the way they play: it's not that they don't care about the consequences of the more apparently cavalier decisions, a lot of thought seems to go in behind the scenes around how to get the best out of the players and the tactics used.
What I meant by 'don't care' - was more about not caring about conventions or typical traditional ways of doing things. They completely care about winning games, making games exciting, playing great cricket. Agree with you, it's done with a steely focussed professionalism, but it's nurturing real freedom and confidence to have a go in the group.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here