Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paedophilia

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Absolutely this. Paedophilia is clearly due to some pschological malfunction as far as I'm concerned. Treatment to prevent people act on inappropriate urges is clearly desirable.

But if someone acts on these urges, they have become a criminal, and should be treated as such. Throw the book at them.

On the whole I agree with this post and what Goldstone Rapper said. Taking a slightly different perspective on things, when you think about it on a purely chemical level is being born attracted to children any different to being born attracted to men? 50 years ago we still locked men up for being gay.

The rules we make up for how we want our society to function and what happens in nature are two separate things. Unfortunately in this case, while it's always good to understand, people who can't control their urges need to be locked up untile they can, for the good of everyone else.

In terms of the world and what other societies do I think we're pretty close to right on this. Kids in arab states and asia getting married at 10 doesn't really sit right. Gypsies over here are at it young as well, it's just all a bit wrong.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is it not the same thing to say, yeah I like women, I think I'll go out and rape one?
The choice is still there isn't it

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's the same with murderers and thieves it's just the way they are conditioned and ultimately need help and support rather than imprisoning

This is basically giving anyone free license to do what they like and then get help. I'm not sure I've heard such a ridiculous idea, if someone has committed a crime then they are subject to criminal prosecution. If there are individuals who do not know that committing sexual acts on children is wrong then I personally think they should be locked up

I think the word 'wrong' is too subjective. After all, many years ago, homosexuality was considered 'wrong' and so was sex before marriage. People are on much firmer ground when they say that committing sexual acts on children needs to be stopped because of the harm it causes. For that, there is tons of evidence. It's a subtle difference but an important one.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's the same with murderers and thieves it's just the way they are conditioned and ultimately need help and support rather than imprisoning

Disagree. This is very much a nature vs nurture argument. Is anyone born a criminal?

There's still no real proof either way, but personally I don't think you're born with an urge the steal things.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Is it not the same thing to say, yeah I like women, I think I'll go out and rape one?
The choice is still there isn't it

This, people have all sorts of ideas and fascinations. The choice of what they do about it defines them

Honestly, what has this got to do with Brighton & Hove Albion or Brighton?

At least if I start something obscure it has some Albion or Brighton relevance.

Of course you never start threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Brighton and Hove Albion do you?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's a condition that needs sorting out, with a piece of lead placed in the right ear.....preferably with a shotgun...Or a length of rope tied to a high bridge.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
It's a condition that needs sorting out, with a piece of lead placed in the right ear.....preferably with a shotgun...Or a length of rope tied to a high bridge.

It was fine in the past for adults to be associated with children in this manner.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Perhaps you think its ok then? Your as sick as any child molester if you think what this individual is saying is true. He's trying to justify it because it is endemic in the catholic church.

Think before you post pal.

Whoooah there. Just because the OP thought that this fella may be correct, you jump right over the top, verging on saying something very very stupid, and libellous.

Think before you post, pal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would chemical castration solve the issue ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As soon as Paedophilia and gays were compared, the debate wandered. I do know that if a paedophile was around my children, well to put it mildly i would not be best pleased, where as a gay would not really bother me.
That is the trouble in this liberal limpwristed apologetic society in England these days, the right ons and meddlers seem to have more sympathy for those that ruin others lives, rather than the victims.
Children is what they are, vulnerable and not physically or mentally aware. If the lives of children is made safer by any actions....then so be it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As soon as Paedophilia and gays were compared, the debate wandered. I do know that if a paedophile was around my children, well to put it mildly i would not be best pleased, where as a gay would not really bother me.
That is the trouble in this liberal limpwristed apologetic society in England these days, the right ons and meddlers seem to have more sympathy for those that ruin others lives, rather than the victims.
Children is what they are, vulnerable and not physically or mentally aware. If the lives of children is made safer by any actions....then so be it.

Textbook strawman debate tactics.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Fancying children isn't a crime but society has dictated (rightly IMO) that taking pretty much any action on it is forbidden, whether it be making photos, grooming or initiating sexual contact.
We have drawn a line in the sand if someone steps over it then it is thier choice and they must face the consequences.
I'm sure there are a lot of people who are attracted to children but recognise that this is wrong and suppress their desires.
It's not the fantasy that is the crime, it is the acting out of it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He's right but he's a Catholic Cardinal so should steer well clear of the subject.

There's too many skeletons in their cupboard in relation to this.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Whoooah there. Just because the OP thought that this fella may be correct, you jump right over the top, verging on saying something very very stupid, and libellous.

Think before you post, pal.

Very much this.

Suggests something 'sick' about seagullinexile but contributes nothing to a very important issue delicately and sensibly proffered for discussion by the OP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here