Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy won us a point.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Paddy provides a link between midfield and attack which we needed yesterday. He gets the ball and gives time for others to make the runs into the box. Admittedly he was rusty as he wasn't given enough time. I see him as a key player for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of goals and assists has he actually got off the mark yet this season?

He looks like he could rip the lower leagues apart but the Championship is too good for him.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
I've raised the subject of Paddy with many's a knowledgable, seasoned observer of the game and the response is always along similar lines... he's a class player - creative, intelligent, reads the game well, can pass with guile, seeing passes that others don't see etc... his weakness is probably that he falls short of the athleticism required of modern football and would probably have been better suited to the 70s-style game... that's it really - he's quality but flawed and maybe those late 15/20 minute cameos are what he's best suited to.

He clearly did make a difference yesterday and helped create the equaliser so I can only assume that those who berate him as being totally useless, a waste of space etc either have a problem with the Irish, scruffy blokes with beards, or players who don't frantically run around trying to impress the boss by looking busy

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He has obvious talent the only reason he hasn't any assists yet is no one has been good enough to get on the end of some of his wonderful crosses into the box. I remember one game he gave COG two or three pin point crosses but the useless tool never read his intent and didn't make the runs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People only see if they want to see.

After the equaliser, we lost possession on an attack. Cummins was bursting free down the right at pace, with Gardner chasing him, and inexplicably not prepared to take a booking for the team, before it reached a dangerous area. Cummins got right up to the box and got a cross in. The only players who had made it back into the box were Dunk and Paddy - who received the ball, cushioned a touch to himself to the edge of the box, then hit a 70 yard quarterback pass, that was within a whisker of clearing the last defender and releasing CMS.

Paddy did choose the wrong option too many times yesterday, but to say he doesn't put any effort in is not accurate.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
So you bring on a creative player with 15 minutes to go and expect an impact. Not reasonable. Either give him much more time or don't bother. All they are doing at the moment is "sabotaging him"

And they bring on a 100% left footed young player and play him on the right. So they are sabotaging him too!

Dreadful management

Sorry he was innefective and way off the pace ,no doubt has ability but dont agree with your 15 mins only quote ,a quality player on needs a min to make a difference ...a one Mr Vicente comes to mind .

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I've raised the subject of Paddy with many's a knowledgable, seasoned observer of the game and the response is always along similar lines... he's a class player - creative, intelligent, reads the game well, can pass with guile, seeing passes that others don't see etc... his weakness is probably that he falls short of the athleticism required of modern football and would probably have been better suited to the 70s-style game... that's it really - he's quality but flawed and maybe those late 15/20 minute cameos are what he's best suited to.

He clearly did make a difference yesterday and helped create the equaliser so I can only assume that those who berate him as being totally useless, a waste of space etc either have a problem with the Irish, scruffy blokes with beards, or players who don't frantically run around trying to impress the boss by looking busy

This. So much this.

People have to realize that he is a selfish player who can make the tough things look easy. His passing quality created one chance for CMS with a brilliant reverse pass, and he was constantly showing for the ball for the first 5 mins he was on, but the players decided to ignore him. I'd give up showing for the ball too if no-one passed it to me.

Also, he created more in 15 than March/JFC did in their time on the field.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
(Also, he created more in 15 than March/JFC did in their time on the field.)

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt JFC score !!!!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
He had another opportunity right at the end to deliver a cross and get it in the box for something to happen but tried taking on his man instead and it went for a goal kick.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He had another opportunity right at the end to deliver a cross and get it in the box for something to happen but tried taking on his man instead and it went for a goal kick.

In fairness, he actually did beat the defender but the player then obstructed and shielded the ball to safety.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Debating which player salvaged a draw for us yesterday is like trying to decide which member of the ship's orchestra played "Abide With Me" best after the Titanic was holed below the water-line. Only home wins are of any use in our current predicament.

Played a vital role in the equaliser - what are people moaning about?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
In fairness, he actually did beat the defender but the player then obstructed and shielded the ball to safety.

So he didn't really beat the defender? He got his body inbetween and marshalled it to safety. Paddy shouldn't have been so clever , there were players queuing up in the box for a delivery

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here