Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt

His was one of the best inidividual performances I have seen in a long time against us last season.. inconsistency is always a challenge for players of this ilk, but you know you need them for a few moments that really matter, for eaxmple, to finish teams off when you are on top ...Vicente was like that..

Agreed - sometimes it's good to sign players who will entertain fans rather than be the most consistent player. We need some cheering up after Oscar's defensive football and the likely downgrade in expectations this season. Watching a Vicente dribble made it worth the trip to the stadium alone, McCourt has the potential to do the same

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
The geezer is absolutely different class.

Really surprised he's without a club, which probably suggests his wage demands are very high (or maybe he's hoping for a Premier League club to give him a go)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would not mind us signing him. When all is lost, he could get a goal out of nothing. He might even give our defenders some training on how to stop ball jugglers, which they do not seem to be able to do. But why did Barnsley let him go? And Siftka as well? i.e. Tomasz Cywka rejected new terms, now Blackpool.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Certainly not average or making numbers up going by those clips. What's his attitude and character like though? Could he be this generations Mickey Thomas for us?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I know very little about him and he may be a good player, but I'm always reluctant to go for a player based on one good performance against us. The Barnsley game was possibly our worst home performance in 3 years. I'd have fancied my own chances to have scored that day, such was the chaos in our defence. For a similar example see Liam Trotter. One good game for Millwall against us and half of NSC were talking like he's Yaya Toure. What's he done since? The square root of FA.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sweet Jesus, why do people follow these accounts?

Brighton Transfers ‏@BHAFCRUMOURS 1h
Paddy McCourt is too old (30) and only scored 2 goals last season. Not good enough to replace ulloa at all #bhafc

Sorry what I tweeted was incorrect paddy McCourt is a winger so would be a decent signing for free #bhafc
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Sweet Jesus, why do people follow these accounts?

Paddy McCourt is too old (30) and only scored 2 goals last season. Not good enough to replace ulloa at all #bhafc

Sorry what I tweeted was incorrect paddy McCourt is a winger so would be a decent signing for free #bhafc
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

If Carlsberg did tweets.......

North Stand Chat
@NorthStandChat
Hearing that Paddy McCourt may be joining up with ex-Barnsley team mate Chris O'Grady at #BHAFC.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
2 goals and no assists last season, as a winger.

All very good being able to put together a good YouTube video of showboating, but given his job is to set up goals, he doesn't look like he's very good at it.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I would imagine he'd fit into the style Sami wants to play quite well. Based on what we've seen we'll need wingers who can tuck inside and conjure a bit of trickery. With a positive hat on I'd say he could be one of those players who manages to find a season of consistency with us and people will ask why he's only just managed to do so now, and hopefully it'll be down to Sami's management and being around better players.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
The geezer is absolutely different class.

Really surprised he's without a club, which probably suggests his wage demands are very high (or maybe he's hoping for a Premier League club to give him a go)

By all accounts he likes visiting bars and delighting in all they have to offer......

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You're not gonna get 30 90-min performances from him in a season, but he will show flashes of brilliance and will win/rescue matches, as we saw last year at the Amex.

Would LOVE to have him on the bench, as no matter how much you are struggling to break a team down, he can come on and find a goal out of nowhere.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I know very little about him and he may be a good player, but I'm always reluctant to go for a player based on one good performance against us. The Barnsley game was possibly our worst home performance in 3 years. I'd have fancied my own chances to have scored that day, such was the chaos in our defence. For a similar example see Liam Trotter. One good game for Millwall against us and half of NSC were talking like he's Yaya Toure. What's he done since? The square root of FA.

I get that to be fair, but we have struggled I think to kill off games when we have dominated, whether that be becuase we have been good or the opposition have been poor (as we were vs Barnsley and Milwall). That is where a player like him can make a difference, and also where Vicente had his best moments I think..The fact that he is prepared to show boat inside and around the penalty box would excite me...definitely an element of a gamble though given his record...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have just watched some clips of him
and with him running at any defence they would be scared ****less
let him score or take him down for a penalty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here