Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P/O Semi 1st leg dates...... 9th and 10th May, but who plays on which date?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it is away first Thursday or Friday then options as follows:

Palace - Easy by train
Forest - Drive
Leicester - Drive
Bolton - Hotel overnight

Choices eh and not included Watford as they will be 3rd and I don't see us being 6th

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
its my birthday on saturday, a perfect birthday present will be us cementing a place in the play offs

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
It's my unbirthday today, as it happens :)

The play-offs are usually 6v3, and 5v4 in the first legs, as although away goals don't count, it is deemed an advantage to have the 2nd leg at home, so you know what you have to do...

I'm sure I've got something to do on the 14th., but can't remember what it is (not the play-off 2nd. leg though)...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it is away first Thursday or Friday then options as follows:

Palace - Easy by train
Forest - Drive
Leicester - Drive
Bolton - Hotel overnight

Choices eh and not included Watford as they will be 3rd and I don't see us being 6th

(i agree it unlikely we'd be 6th but) its not out of the question that it could be HULL.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
(i agree it unlikely we'd be 6th but) its not out of the question that it could be HULL.

But then we'd be at home in the first leg, so it can't be Hull or Watford away on the Thursday or Friday ...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I would think you'd get a decent price on us finishing 3rd, certainly not beyond the realms of possibility them losing to Leicester and then drawing/losing to Leeds whilst we win both and surpassing their GD in the process. I'd prefer them to overtake Hull though.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Whilst we're doing birthdays, mine is on the 8th....but my g'daughters is on the 9th.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Ticket logistics
So if, without tempting fate at all, we were to finish fourth we could be away on the Thursday night. That would be confirmed early Saturday evening - at the earliest.
So the ticket office has to acquire the tickets from the relevant club and distribute them.
There are 4 clear days between the Saturday and the Thursday, two of which are a Sunday and a Bank Holiday. So the first posting day is on the Tuesday! Unless the post arrives the next day, there would be the wait on the Thursday for the post - and then rush up to Bolton, possibly.
With the delivery of away tickets very haphazard (last in - first out?) there is no guarantee of anything arriving. The ticket office at the same time would be frantically trying to organise and sell tickets for the home leg.
I know clubs can print sets of their home tickets in advance without naming the opponents (as is the case in some FA cup games awaiting the outcome of a replay), but these still have to be delivered to the relevant club.
I can see the possibility of 'collection only' with long snaking queues. How those living far from the ground will cope, God only knows. At least the Amex car park can cope with some very long Disney-like queues, far better than Newtown Road & Old Shoreham Road used to.
How come the FA Cup requires 10 days to organise a replay (one date at one ground) yet these play-offs create a whole permutation of outcomes that have to be sorted in 4 or 5 days.

Jul 7, 2003
Just realised that I am working in Germany on 13th May so really hoping that our games are 9th and 12th.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we get in and get Palace in the semis I'm fairly confident we'd have the Sunday morning second leg as I'd have thought that would be the polices favoured date. Which would mean first leg on the Thursday night.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we get in and get Palace in the semis I'm fairly confident we'd have the Sunday morning second leg as I'd have thought that would be the polices favoured date. Which would mean first leg on the Thursday night.

Mad scramble for tickets, I doubt they would be on line would they ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ticket logistics
So if, without tempting fate at all, we were to finish fourth we could be away on the Thursday night. That would be confirmed early Saturday evening - at the earliest.
So the ticket office has to acquire the tickets from the relevant club and distribute them.
There are 4 clear days between the Saturday and the Thursday, two of which are a Sunday and a Bank Holiday. So the first posting day is on the Tuesday! Unless the post arrives the next day, there would be the wait on the Thursday for the post - and then rush up to Bolton, possibly.
With the delivery of away tickets very haphazard (last in - first out?) there is no guarantee of anything arriving. The ticket office at the same time would be frantically trying to organise and sell tickets for the home leg.
I know clubs can print sets of their home tickets in advance without naming the opponents (as is the case in some FA cup games awaiting the outcome of a replay), but these still have to be delivered to the relevant club.
I can see the possibility of 'collection only' with long snaking queues. How those living far from the ground will cope, God only knows. At least the Amex car park can cope with some very long Disney-like queues, far better than Newtown Road & Old Shoreham Road used to.
How come the FA Cup requires 10 days to organise a replay (one date at one ground) yet these play-offs create a whole permutation of outcomes that have to be sorted in 4 or 5 days.

I suspect the club will have the options of all tickets after this weekend ready to sell

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Star Trek movie opens on 9th
Mrs Earle's birthday on the 10th - luckily an STH like me
Mickey Flanagan on the 11th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here