Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owusu has medical in Adelaide

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Christ this is owusu not rooney,can't believe people are making a big fuss over this.I would prefer a better striker than owuso who is getting obn a bit.Lets be honest playing 4-5 decent games does not make you quality and this is why owuso has always been a lower league player.:whisky:

fair comment....but then we ARE a lower league side :lol:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Yeah but our ambition is to get in the championship,owuso i can assure you wouldend up gash for most of the season.:drink:

How can you assure that, he scored 7 in 14 in case you had forgotten????
I agree we should get better but its not fair to say he would be gash considering his scoring record at this level.;)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yeah but our ambition is to get in the championship,owuso i can assure you wouldend up gash for most of the season.:drink:

I agree with you - once he has a contract his motivation to perform regularly might well diminish. It's why I think 1 year guaranteed + 2nd year based on performance was a great idea.

On the other hand we do need a blend of players experienced in league 1 who can scrap it out to get us promoted in the first instance as well as those who can also perform in the Championship. This is possibly the toughest league 1 ever so challenging for playoffs this year would be more than acceptable IMHO and realistically let's see if we can push to go up next year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The biggest obstacle would be the fact that I'm sure he would demand to be 1st choice to sign, much as I liked him I think we already have two better strikers and may be signing more, I'd not be too happy if the club signed him as a 1st choice striker personally :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is good that we can remember Lloyd for what he did rather than him possibly be a flop next season and get slated. As I said at the time we signed him 5 years too late when he was at th end of his career when we should have signed him was when we went to the Championship with MM.

Adelaide United

May 17, 2009
Hi all, I've been reading your boards with interest the past few weeks. Good news for us (but maybe not so good news for you) is that Owusu has officially signed.

News Display

I follow League One quite closely (Huddersfield fan) and when Lloyd was linked with us I was pretty excited having seen him have a significant hand in keeping you guys up. Should be interesting to see how he goes over here. Obviously we're a pretty young league (just coming into our fifth season) and the standard is not particularly high, but much more high profile players than Lloyd have failed over here.

Anywho, best of luck for the coming season. Hope to see you get a couple over Leeds.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Hi all, I've been reading your boards with interest the past few weeks. Good news for us (but maybe not so good news for you) is that Owusu has officially signed.

News Display

I follow League One quite closely (Huddersfield fan) and when Lloyd was linked with us I was pretty excited having seen him have a significant hand in keeping you guys up. Should be interesting to see how he goes over here. Obviously we're a pretty young league (just coming into our fifth season) and the standard is not particularly high, but much more high profile players than Lloyd have failed over here.

Anywho, best of luck for the coming season. Hope to see you get a couple over Leeds.

Cheers for the final confirmation. At least Slade knows early enough to get a decent replacement in.

Good luck to Lloyd - a brief affair which we'll all be able to look back on with happy memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here