Owusu has medical in Adelaide

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Owusu set for Aussie medical

7:30am Wednesday 3rd June 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By brian owen »

Striker Lloyd Owusu was due to take a medical today as Aussie side Adelaide United look to secure him on a two-year deal.

Owusu, who has been offered a year plus a year’s option by Albion, was being examined in Perth.

He is currently staying in the west coast city on his way back to England.

Adelaide have been impressed by the 32-year-old hitman in training and want him to sign before he returns home tomorrow.

The ball is now in Owusu’s court as he decides whether to move Down Under with his partner and young daughter.

His move could be made easier by the fact his partner’s father lives in Western Australia.

Last edited:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
It still says no deal has been agreed but it looks as though he is about to sign...

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think it's a done deal now. Our only hope is that is family won't want to live there as I think he'll probably get better wages at Adelaide?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can blame him, given the choice I'd probably do the same.
Did a great job for us that won't be forgotten anytime soon, but time to move on me thinks.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tis getting tough now.

I support Melbourne Victory, but with 2 former Albion players in their line up it's getting harder not to have a soft spot for Adeliade.

Wonder if Adelaide is affiliated with any English teams, we could get a deal going where we send em our over the hill veterans and they send us their promising young players for a trial.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Owusu set for Aussie medical

7:30am Wednesday 3rd June 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By brian owen »

His move could be made easier by the fact his partner’s father lives in Western Australia.

I would think that he will sign for them as relocation won't be a problem I wouldn't have thought.

Tis getting tough now.

I support Melbourne Victory, but with 2 former Albion players in their line up it's getting harder not to have a soft spot for Adeliade.

WHAT??!?!?!?!?!? Heresey!!!! At least we (MVFC) still got Wardy...!

Anyway from the local press
AdelaideNow... Adelaide United's Lloyd Owusu sizing up Adelaide

View topic - Lloyd Owusu to Adelaide? | Adelaide Reds | Adelaide United Fan Forum

With the fact that AUFC are currently being underwritten by the FFA and the salary cap of $1.6m for the squad per year, i doubt he will be getting a HUGE salary. I think i saw $200k (GBP100k) a year mentioned.

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Seems like Owusu is destined to be our short-term hero - our own Christophe Dugarry or Fredi Bobic.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Tis getting tough now.

Wonder if Adelaide is affiliated with any English teams, we could get a deal going where we send em our over the hill veterans and they send us their promising young players for a trial.

Hey Mr Biggums, i saw a post on another thread asking why you support the Albion ? Why ?

Ps im not trying being funny

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he is having a medical it looks like a done deal

love the bit where the Argus say that he will be influenced by his partner's family living in Perth.....like it's just next door :jester:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Lloydy's welcome to their "Pie Floaters", the most evil-smelling muck I ever had to eat (out of politeness). What kind of city sells a hot pie in mushy peas when the temperatures pushing 100 Farenheit (40C even sometimes)!!:wozza:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hey Mr Biggums, i saw a post on another thread asking why you support the Albion ? Why ?

Ps im not trying being funny

In true NSC style I should call fixtures on this question!

But I wont.

Long story short I live in a coastal town in the south of Australia with lots of seagulls, so not to disimilar to Brighton.

But my love for the Albion grew from my first FA Cup memory as a kid in Oz and that was watching Brighton lose the final.*

So naturally I had to pick the losing team to be my team.

That was 20 something years ago now.

And to this day iv'e still never seen an Albion game in its entirity since that FA Cup final!

*note as I get older this story may change from year to year as to how I actually ended up following the Albion, but the early 80's was definately the starting point!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
WHAT??!?!?!?!?!? Heresey!!!! At least we (MVFC) still got Wardy...!

Anyway from the local press
AdelaideNow... Adelaide United's Lloyd Owusu sizing up Adelaide

View topic - Lloyd Owusu to Adelaide? | Adelaide Reds | Adelaide United Fan Forum

With the fact that AUFC are currently being underwritten by the FFA and the salary cap of $1.6m for the squad per year, i doubt he will be getting a HUGE salary. I think i saw $200k (GBP100k) a year mentioned.

Just so you know... your badge is EXACTLY the same shape and uses EXACTLY the same font as Arsenal:

brand.gif
20151D86-FA64-4C06-524EA8568DFDBA6B.jpg

That is all :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him, we were lucky to have him on last seasons run in and he'll always have mini legend status here.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Llloyd did a fantastic job in keeping us up and for that, he'll always be a fans favourite down here. But, as good as he was for us, I'm kinda pleased we've missed out on him. I have a feeling we may not have seen such good form from him next season.

He was one of the few players last season who showed some passion and pride for the shirt and we will be forever grateful, but I don't see him as part of our bright future.

Good luck big fella :thumbsup:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bloody hell 2 L's is weird enough at the beginning of a name but to chuck in an extra one is just:lolol: plain insane

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ this is owusu not rooney,can't believe people are making a big fuss over this.I would prefer a better striker than owuso who is getting obn a bit.Lets be honest playing 4-5 decent games does not make you quality and this is why owuso has always been a lower league player.:whisky:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Shame, but good luck to him, he had a massive say in keeping us up, i'm gonna miss copying his celebration :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here