Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owners rename Hull City AFC

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He comes from Egypt.

Does he really? Go and dig a little further. I think you'll be delighted to discover that he has a long association with the East Riding.

That said, the name change is an unwelcome decision.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Does he really? Go and dig a little further. I think you'll be delighted to discover that he has a long association with the East Riding.

That said, the name change is an unwelcome decision.

I know, been there since 1968 - I was just pointing out that he was born in Egypt, as far as I know. Maybe I'm being a pedant, I agree on the name change and the irrelevance of his nationality.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Should rename this thread " foreign owners who know **** all about the heritage, passion or history of British football clubs rename Hull City FC !!

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I don't see why the two sides can't come to the obvious compromise here, if the chairman wants to make the feline influence more prominent in the club's name but the fans are reluctant to change from what they've always called it. Come on you mighty Hull Kitty!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
The only time i think a name change is acceptable is instances like Swansea when they went from Town to City when they got City Status. Although they could have kept Town as their name.

Isnt Ipswich a city? But they have kept Town. I don't know.

No Ipswich is a town, much to their annoyance. They are county town of Suffolk but their bitter rivals, Norwich, are a city and county town of Norfolk.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Owner yet again threatening to walk away if the FA refuse him permission to change the name.

Oh and if the fans tell him how to run his business.

Troubled times ahead seem inevitable for Hull.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Brighton & Hove SEAGULLS imminent then!

Nooooooooooo..................................!!!

American Matchday Experience.......

Thurs pm - Check Seagulls Calendar
Friday am - Book Seagulls Direct Coach £10
Friday PM - Change into Seagulls Pyjamas and go to bed
Sat Morning - Kellogs Crispy Cornflakes in Seagulls bowl and tea in Seagulls mug
Sat 11.45 - Change in to Seagulls Replica top and get Seagulls coat from cupboard
Sat 12.30 - Board seagulls bus with £800 season ticket in hand
Sat 1.15 - arrive at amex for matchday experience go into club shop buy programme £5.00
Sat 1.30 - Swipe card through entrance and buy Seagulls hot dog & Low alcohol Budweiser £9.00
Sat 1.55 - Buy another Low alcohol Budweiser £5.50
Sat 2.15 - In seat now watching LED screens for adverts tempting me to buy electricity, lager, cars, phones and more seagulls stuff especially on line .
Sat 3.05 - Watch 45 mins of football interrupted by more advertising
Sat 3.52 - Buy seagulls crisps and chocolate highlighted by even more adverts some in sound now.
Sat 5.55 - Leave ground to the sound of more adverts grabbing Seagulls hamburger on way out to eat whilst waiting for Seagulls transport to my drop off
Sat 11pm - Access my seagulls TV or internet account £15 per month so I can watch goals and highlights and find out how I can highlight next weeks matchday experience with a clapper

PS we did win 1-0

Very good. Don't forget your seagulls candy available from your seagulls bedecked candy stands located discreetly at 5 feet intervals throughout the Malls by the bathrooms.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Glad you Dolphins and us Glaziers would never do something like that

Fans changed the knick-name to Seagulls...not the management, didnt they..think the management just went for it after it became common ;-)
Got a feeling its from the Palace match in the 70s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here