Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owlsonline preview

Definitely hallucinating. Oh, by the way Gay Pride 2012 was on Sat 1st September - we were away to Burnley.

Where we won 3-1 scoring all four goals, including a cultured og from GG and that overhead volley from CMS.

Thwaites at £2/pt in the Burnley CC bar and an hour or so of cricket before making the short 5min stroll to Turf Moor. Back in Cranleigh for a curry by 9.30, a memorable day out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here is his reply:

"The fixture I was referring too was Friday 14th Sept 2012. The game should have been played on the Saturday but at the request of your constabulary it was rescheduled because on that day the Uni was holding a Freshers Day and a Gay parade was also being planned. Now that rearrangement would not have happened in Sheffield - we consider such actions homophobic. Also for some mind blowing reason, you chose to hold a one minutes silence before the game in memory of the Hillsborough tragedy. Hence the flag and assorted scouse gear on sale outside the ground. Why chose that fixture other than being churlishly provovative. Our fans have suffered every day since - especially on match days at Hillsborough through no fault of our team.
Call us Northern, or any other names you may care to add, but cut out the flouncing, it doesn't suit you. "

Anyone recall this?

This is amazing.

-nobody's allowed to sell anything unofficial outside the ground, the club see to that

-even if they were, as if they'd sell Liverpool stuff :lolol:

-Pride was two weeks earlier that year, was moved to September due to police request (Olympics were on in August)

-can anybody remember a silence for the Hillsborough tragedy being held at a game in September? (this one I'm not 100% sure on- was there some sort of anniversary or development that I've forgotten? The enquiry results?)

-if there had ever been such a flag, it would have generated a monumental binfest on here, we'd all remember it

-if that were true, why on earth would we taunt Sheffield Wednesday about the actions of South Yorkshire Police???

-"suffered every day", yes, that's correct. I saw thousands of Wednesday fans suffering last night because of the Hillsborough disaster :facepalm:

This is one of the most spectacular post fails I think I've ever seen. It's got to be a wind up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is amazing.

-nobody's allowed to sell anything unofficial outside the ground, the club see to that

-Pride was two weeks earlier that year, was moved to September due to police request (Olympics were on in August)

-can anybody remember a silence for the Hillsborough tragedy being held at a game in September? (this one I'm not 100% sure on- was there some sort of anniversary or development that I've forgotten? The enquiry results?)

-if there had ever been such a flag, it would have generated a monumental binfest on here, we'd all remember it

-if that were true, why on earth would we taunt Sheffield Wednesday about the actions of South Yorkshire Police???

-"suffered every day", yes, that's correct. I saw thousands of Wednesday fans suffering last night because of the Hillsborough disaster :facepalm:

This is one of the most spectacular post fails I think I've ever seen. It's got to be a wind up.

There was a brief one minute's silence in September 2012 after the publication of the Liverpool Independent Panel report. And yes, it was Sheffield Wednesday we were playing.

However, there was no offensive flag, no scouse gear on sale - and the poor little lamb who feels he's suffered as a Wednesday fan is quite insulting to the families of the 96 families who not only had to come to terms with losing their loved ones, but then also be subjected to (and this is from the authorities AND supporters) accusations of drunkenness and violence, and of causing the tragedy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is amazing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a brief one minute's silence in September 2012 after the publication of the Liverpool Independent Panel report. And yes, it was Sheffield Wednesday we were playing.

However, there was no offensive flag, no scouse gear on sale - and the poor little lamb who feels he's suffered as a Wednesday fan is quite insulting to the families of the 96 families who not only had to come to terms with losing their loved ones, but then also be subjected to (and this is from the authorities AND supporters) accusations of drunkenness and violence, and of causing the tragedy.

Fair enough, that's why I asked, as I said I was wondering if it was connected to the enquiry results.

Hey, at least he's got one thing right, not bad at all :clap:

I try not to be too sweary on here, but that Wednesday fan: what a weaselly ****ing liar.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Here is his reply:

"The fixture I was referring too was Friday 14th Sept 2012. The game should have been played on the Saturday but at the request of your constabulary it was rescheduled because on that day the Uni was holding a Freshers Day and a Gay parade was also being planned. Now that rearrangement would not have happened in Sheffield - we consider such actions homophobic. Also for some mind blowing reason, you chose to hold a one minutes silence before the game in memory of the Hillsborough tragedy. Hence the flag and assorted scouse gear on sale outside the ground. Why chose that fixture other than being churlishly provovative. Our fans have suffered every day since - especially on match days at Hillsborough through no fault of our team.
Call us Northern, or any other names you may care to add, but cut out the flouncing, it doesn't suit you. "

Anyone recall this?

There was a minutes silence, but that was followed (i believe) across the entire country. Pride was 1st September in 2012 and as said - we were away at Burnley. There wasnt a flag, there would never be, but something about the 96 was on the big screens, again - the same as the entire country. There was also no "Scouse" gear on sale at the Amex, unless they class programmes of our Carling Cup game vs Liverpool as "Scouse Gear".

I assume the entire country was being provocative with the silence too then.

This lot start to make the Nigels look normal !!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Not a windup........a poor fabrication of the highest order......... nobody remembers this, your points about merchandise kill it dead straight off........ most of us are Amex ever-presents.......well almost all of them, I have no recollection of this at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've now had this equally deluded comment on the blog I posted answering the preview. There seems to be some kind of collective amnesia among Wednesday fans. This is the comment:

I read that owlsonline preview since it was all over twitter. It pointed out the reputation Brighton has for celebrating its gay community. Brighton fans took umbrage at being linked to LBGT communities and Wednesday fans are the homophobes?

At no point does the original preview do anything of the sort. Here's my reply.

No it doesn’t. There literally isn’t a word about homosexuality left because they had to edit the article on the fly after complaints.

The link is promoted on the forum with the words “Ooh click me Tarquin”. A selection of other comments from the same thread:

“Will I get arrested if I flounce onto the pitch tonight wearing my pink camisole nightie, feather boa and full make up, shouting “coo-ee, who’s for some bum fun then?” at the Brighton fans? ”

“Arrested? No

Bummed? Without doubt ”

“Pink fuse paper lit”

“Seagulls roasting on an open fire,
Obscene flag, baiting Sheffield folk.
Held by Falmer Stadium scum,
Yes I was there that night you c**ts,”

The last one is particularly bizarre. It refers to an incident that never happened and the guy’s avatar is a dog covered in kisses. I suspect there’s something he’s not telling people.

To which I would add here that the original author probably thinks LBGT is a biscuit.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The latest. Bricut, the guy who claims there was a flag said he remembered posting about it after the game on their forum. Someone searched through the forum and this is what they found

bricat on 15/09/2012 at 01:42

I listened on player to the game.
The take of Big Andy on the first 20 minutes was that he was amazed how well we we were organized and playing.
Wayne Bridge ( I hate that *******) hit a shit free kick, got the most fortunate of deflecions and were1-0 down.
From the commentary their full backs then ran us ragged down the flanks,Bridcutt won everything and we were treading water.
The key observation, and I hope it proves to be, was that the Brighton team has been in place and developing for over 12 months. We played 3 debutants on top of several new players for this season.
We are in transition, we have the right men in place and this is not going to be a cake walk FFS.
When the current set up get their team in place we will be awesome
Be patient, and if you cannot do that, just think what the future holds for Agent Wilson's wankers.
As has been mentioned on here, 18 months ago we would never have believed we would be in existence, let alone the Championship.

You couldn't make this shit up. What a truly bizarre set of fans.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The latest. Bricut, the guy who claims there was a flag said he remembered posting about it after the game on their forum. Someone searched through the forum and this is what they found

The take of Big Andy on the first 20 minutes was that he was amazed how well we we were organized and playing.
Wayne Bridge ( I hate that *******) hit a shit free kick, got the most fortunate of deflecions and were1-0 down.
From the commentary their full backs then ran us ragged down the flanks,Bridcutt won everything and we were treading water.
The key observation, and I hope it proves to be, was that the Brighton team has been in place and developing for over 12 months. We played 3 debutants on top of several new players for this season.
We are in transition, we have the right men in place and this is not going to be a cake walk FFS.
Be patient, and if you cannot do that, just think what the future holds for Agent Wilson's wankers.
As has been mentioned on here, 18 months ago we would never have believed we would be in existence, let alone the Championship.

That's superb detective work on both counts. What we appear to have here is a deluded, decreasing fan base posting homophobia and bare faced lies in order to "retain" the last shred of self respect they possess. F**k 'em, they clearly needed the 1-0 win a LOT more than we did.

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Where we won 3-1 scoring all four goals, including a cultured og from GG and that overhead volley from CMS.

Thwaites at £2/pt in the Burnley CC bar and an hour or so of cricket before making the short 5min stroll to Turf Moor. Back in Cranleigh for a curry by 9.30, a memorable day out.

It was 3-0.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

What a cock. Why would you make that up? It's bound to make you look stupid.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That's superb detective work on both counts. What we appear to have here is a deluded, decreasing fan base posting homophobia and bare faced lies in order to "retain" the last shred of self respect they possess. F**k 'em, they clearly needed the 1-0 win a LOT more than we did.

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

It beggars belief. So this guy has essentially fabricated a banner which he claims was so offensive that he had to report it. Is this fabrication in itself inciteful behaviour? What a goon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It beggars belief. So this guy has essentially fabricated a banner which he claims was so offensive that he had to report it. Is this fabrication in itself inciteful behaviour? What a goon

It was supposedly all over the media and yet not one person can find a photo of this fabrication, or to put it more bluntly, outright lie.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
It was supposedly all over the media and yet not one person can find a photo of this fabrication, or to put it more bluntly, outright lie.

The man's an idiot. There was no banner, there was no Liverpool merch on sale and the game was rearranged to the Friday night so that I wouldn't miss it because I'd foolishly booked a holiday to Corsica before the fixtures were released and I was due to fly out on the Saturday morning! The Freshers weekend at the Uni was a red herring.

I was in the away end that night, no surprise there, and took my camera so I could take a load of pictures of t'stadium from a different perspective from my normal view in the WSU. Strangely none of my pictures of that unhappy evening (out played out classed - only positive was Ross Barkley and we'd only borrowed him) show the offensive banner.

Like all footy clubs (Albion included) Wednesday do have some deluded twats that follow them, some even going so far as to lie to prove their ill judged and bigoted POV, and really the only way to deal with them is JAMIE them.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The man's an idiot. There was no banner, there was no Liverpool merch on sale and the game was rearranged to the Friday night so that I wouldn't miss it because I'd foolishly booked a holiday to Corsica before the fixtures were released and I was due to fly out on the Saturday morning! The Freshers weekend at the Uni was a red herring.

I was in the away end that night, no surprise there, and took my camera so I could take a load of pictures of t'stadium from a different perspective from my normal view in the WSU. Strangely none of my pictures of that unhappy evening (out played out classed - only positive was Ross Barkley and we'd only borrowed him) show the offensive banner.

Like all footy clubs (Albion included) Wednesday do have some deluded twats that follow them, some even going so far as to lie to prove their ill judged and bigoted POV, and really the only way to deal with them is JAMIE them.

Blue touch paper lit, standing well back now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here