Owlsonline preview

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theodoridi

Jan 27, 2014
Worthing
It doesn't start that badly. Ok, Its not that good, but it suddenly goes from a preview of a football match to an uneducated, unintelligible and un-informed homophobic attack on the football club and its fans. The person who wrote it sounds like one of those people who thinks that gays are all Boy George/Kenneth Williams types and shouts Homophobic abuse from the stands rather than watching the football which is the whole point of going.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this no better than the vile homphobia? hating someone because they are gay (a person cannot chose their sexuality) or hating someone because they were born in a certain county (a person cannot chose where they were born)?

Not much difference in my view.

Did you miss the bottom line of the post ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sounds like massive Wednesday's fans haven't turned up tonight, stadium empty according to Player.

Hillsborough.jpg

L

litmanen

That was just one guy.
Don't hate Wednesday because of one guy.

All teams have fans who behave like pricks.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do you think he's getting us mixed up with Bolton?

Mixed up with Barbiturates imo.
Barbiturates are drugs that act as central nervous system depressants, and can therefore produce a wide spectrum of effects, from mild sedation to total anesthesia.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I'm sick of all this homophobia we have to suffer all the time. I mean , why us? Anyway, I'm running myself a warm bath with a lovely new bath-bomb from lush. Then I shall snuggle up on the sofa in my onesie with a nice cup of non-yorkshire tea and a box of chocs, watch my 'sex in the city' DVD and to hell with the lot of them.

Ooooo, can I pop round;)xx

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
They are definitely the easiest bunch of fans to wind up. Had my evening entertainment sorted on Twitter tonight courtesy of them. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you think he's getting us mixed up with Bolton?

Here is his reply:

"The fixture I was referring too was Friday 14th Sept 2012. The game should have been played on the Saturday but at the request of your constabulary it was rescheduled because on that day the Uni was holding a Freshers Day and a Gay parade was also being planned. Now that rearrangement would not have happened in Sheffield - we consider such actions homophobic. Also for some mind blowing reason, you chose to hold a one minutes silence before the game in memory of the Hillsborough tragedy. Hence the flag and assorted scouse gear on sale outside the ground. Why chose that fixture other than being churlishly provovative. Our fans have suffered every day since - especially on match days at Hillsborough through no fault of our team.
Call us Northern, or any other names you may care to add, but cut out the flouncing, it doesn't suit you. "

Anyone recall this?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Here is his reply:

"The fixture I was referring too was Friday 14th Sept 2012. The game should have been played on the Saturday but at the request of your constabulary it was rescheduled because on that day the Uni was holding a Freshers Day and a Gay parade was also being planned. Now that rearrangement would not have happened in Sheffield - we consider such actions homophobic. Also for some mind blowing reason, you chose to hold a one minutes silence before the game in memory of the Hillsborough tragedy. Hence the flag and assorted scouse gear on sale outside the ground. Why chose that fixture other than being churlishly provovative. Our fans have suffered every day since - especially on match days at Hillsborough through no fault of our team.
Call us Northern, or any other names you may care to add, but cut out the flouncing, it doesn't suit you. "

Anyone recall this?

No idea what he is talking about.

I find it hard to believe there was a flag, which no one seems to have any knowledge of, nor was mentioned at any time on this board.

I think he was hallucinating.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Here is his reply:

Anyone recall this?

Assorted Scouse gear on sale outside the ground??
Apart from official BHA stuff and the fanzine I have not seen anyone selling stuff outside the ground, I also don't remember a flag.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No idea what he is talking about.

I find it hard to believe there was a flag, which no one seems to have any knowledge of, nor was mentioned at any time on this board.

I think he was hallucinating.

This was part of the preceding response:

"The banner was flown at last season's fixture, evidenced by photos in the media and my eyes...... "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports