Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
asking for trouble now Easy.....:lolol:

Bet there is a frenzy of action on there keyboards re shouting from the touchline etc.......oooh a bit of emotion shocking

My suggestions were Wenger O'Neill Allardyce or Curbishley.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
He wont leave Bolton and he has never managed top players
And we'd be playing long balls to Kevin Davies and Peter Crouch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
He has done more than his predecessors, at least he is getting the players for the friendlies, something nobody in the past managed. He just went down the route of talking to the clubs rather than bitching about it. Good plan, I would think.
Oh bollocks. I've seen plenty of friendlies in the past, been to them meself, where our most, if not all of "top boys" have been playing. And I don't remember there being 7 or 8 substitutions either.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Oh bollocks. I've seen plenty of friendlies in the past, been to them meself, where our most, if not all of "top boys" have been playing. And I don't remember there being 7 or 8 substitutions either.

It has been a constant battle to get players at friendlies.

But you are right, fine. It is OK, I am sure you will get your wish of an English manager and we will go backwards again.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Marshy said:
asking for trouble now Easy.....:lolol:

Bet there is a frenzy of action on there keyboards re shouting from the touchline etc.......oooh a bit of emotion shocking

My suggestions were Wenger O'Neill Allardyce or Curbishley.
Wenger- Can't cut it in Europe as he seems unable t play more thna one way, same would apply for international.
O'Neill- Hoooof (although we might do well still)
Allardyce- Hoooof
Curbishley- Done nothing

Unless we can somehow lure Mourinho from Chelsea Sven is the best man for the job. :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, its to Allardyces eternal shame that he hasn't broken the "Big 3" cartel with Bolton Wanderers. Of course you MUST have silverware in the cupboard to prove you're a damn good manager, eh Uncle B. That is the one and only way of measuring how good a manager is.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Yep, its to Allardyces eternal shame that he hasn't broken the "Big 3" cartel with Bolton Wanderers. Of course you MUST have silverware in the cupboard to prove you're a damn good manager, eh Uncle B. That is the one and only way of measuring how good a manager is.

No itsd how you deal with big players

He hasnt done that yet

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:

It does help if they have won something, some knowledge of continental football helps.

Allardyce has achieved squat in football and I doubt that will get to the later rounds of the UEFA Cup this season. With some of the players up there they should be doing well.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Stinky Kat said:
its all pointing to the arrogant tosser from SW6 as Svens predessessor

sorry I meant sucessor, juggling NSC with absence reporting and guess whats more interesting

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Going over old ground here, I just can't be arsed to cut n paste my opinions on why Allardyce would be better than Sven, we've had this argument at least 3 or 4 times now and it'll never reach a conclusion. Have to agree to disagree methinks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Allardyce has the most cosmopolitan squad in the Prem but has consistently got results and top half of the table finishes in recent years.

He has lured names to the Reebok that fans could only have dreamed of 5 years previously.

I would say that he is just as well qualified to apply for the post as McLaren, if not more so.

The thing that has struck me over the past couple of weeks is how the vast majority of people with an opinion are Sven-bashing, be it MOTD, Sky TV, Talksport, the papers etc.

I think people realise that this is the best England squad we've had for over 30 years and losing to Denmark 4-1 is just not acceptable, hence the alarm bells.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Allardyce has the most cosmopolitan squad in the Prem but has consistently got results and top half of the table finishes in recent years.

He has lured names to the Reebok that fans could only have dreamed of 5 years previously.

I would say that he is just as well qualified to apply for the post as McLaren, if not more so.

The thing that has struck me over the past couple of weeks is how the vast majority of people with an opinion are Sven-bashing, be it MOTD, Sky TV, Talksport, the papers etc.

I think people realise that this is the best England squad we've had for over 30 years and losing to Denmark 4-1 is just not acceptable, hence the alarm bells.

Allardyce just smacks of settling for second best. Bolton do OK under him but win nowt. It is hardly moving things forward.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:

i think ill get over it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here