Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Uncle Buck said:
Not at all will do me....

Same here but Hargeaves at RB is another of his bizarre positionings.

I had to laugh when I heard Graham Taylor on Five Live moaning that Sven was trying to 'put square pegs into round holes' This from the man who played Andy Sinton at Right back.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
A couple of years ago though all these things happened.
His starting 11 has been basically selected for 2 years and NOTHING absolutely NOTHING bar Injury will change that.

As i have said before SWP could score 25 goals this season and score a hat trick in the European Cup final and Sven would still pick an injury ravaged 50% Beckham for example ahead of him.

Since Euro 2004, Robinson has come in as had Joe Cole. There is healthy competition for the centre back roles since Rio has come back and the emergence of Carragher. So it has not been the same 11 for 2 years.

I would say the team has steadily evolved since the Keegan farce. But lets be honest Sven could win the World Cup and you would still find something wrong with the victory.

Why is everyone claiming Carrick is some sort of saviour when he's played two good games for England against er, USA and Colombia? Granted he's doing well for Spurs but he hasn't really proved himself at international level yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Why is everyone claiming Carrick is some sort of saviour when he's played two good games for England against er, USA and Colombia? Granted he's doing well for Spurs but he hasn't really proved himself at international level yet.

How can you prove yourself if you havent played?

and is that the same usa that got further than us in the last world cup?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
Same here but Hargeaves at RB is another of his bizarre positionings.

I had to laugh when I heard Graham Taylor on Five Live moaning that Sven was trying to 'put square pegs into round holes' This from the man who played Andy Sinton at Right back.

But then Hargreaves has played there for Munich, now and then. The right back position has been a bit of an odd one. Chuckle Brother Number 1 has made it his own, but many of the other options like Mills have fallen short. I am glad to see Young getting a go, but I suspect in the summer he will take just Gary Neville and work on the basis that Carragher and Hargreaves can play there and maybe also take Chuckle Brother Number 2 as he can cover both full back spots and seemingly play in midfield.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bollox yet again, i would be forever grateful to Sven if we won it.
And the happiest man alive.

But alas a galant battling yet deserved quarter final defeat on penalties to Argentina awaits no doubt.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:

I don't think he is the saviour but all teams that win big trophys have a holding midfield player

Keane Man U
Viera Arsenal
Makele Chelsea

Liverpool always had one when they won everything. Souness, Steve McMahon. Every team needs someone to win the ball in the middle. Unfortuantely England don't currently have it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:

But alas a galant battling yet deserved quarter final defeat on penalties to Argentina awaits no doubt.

We shall see. Not sure any of the European nations are any better than us at present, however we all have faults. It depends how the South American teams travel as they do not have a great record in European World Cups.

But a lot will depend on injuries and maybe a bit of luck and finally cutting out trying to play like a Serie A side when one nil up.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
KinkyGoebels said:
How can you prove yourself if you havent played?

and is that the same usa that got further than us in the last world cup?
and I think I heard the USA are rated 6th by FIFA in the world ratings, however I may have been drunk and misheard

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hannibal smith said:
I don't think he is the saviour but all teams that win big trophys have a holding midfield player

Keane Man U
Viera Arsenal
Makele Chelsea

Liverpool always had one when they won everything. Souness, Steve McMahon. Every team needs someone to win the ball in the middle. Unfortuantely England don't currently have it.

i agree again

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Marshy said:

or a fluke goal ala hand of god of ronaldiniho

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Uncle Buck said:
We shall see. Not sure any of the European nations are any better than us at present, however we all have faults. It depends how the South American teams travel as they do not have a great record in European World Cups.

But a lot will depend on injuries and maybe a bit of luck and finally cutting out trying to play like a Serie A side when one nil up.

I agree there are NO European Nations better than us in terms of a starting 11, dosent mean there are not 4 or 5 that would beat us though.

Spain, Holland, France, Czech Republic are a few i can immediately think of that would end up beating us when they shouldnt.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
I agree there are NO European Nations better than us in terms of a starting 11, dosent mean there are not 4 or 5 that would beat us though.

Spain, Holland, France, Czech Republic are a few i can immediately think of that would end up beating us when they shouldnt.

All of those listed could well not be there. Some of those qualifying groups have gone a bit odd.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Uncle Buck said:
All of those listed could well not be there. Some of those qualifying groups have gone a bit odd.

You don't honestly think Holland are going to fail to qualify do you? Have you seen their group table??

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I have a fear that we might end up losing to the Poles and getting France or Spain in a play off. I am a worrier though

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
this thread still going.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here