Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
If only Shearer had been on the bench, we would probably have won the game and the Championship. I saw the Dutch twice and they weren't up to much and the Greeks would have been like a premiership game.

Vasell, like Danny Mills and Trevor Sinclair before are players who you cant believe made the England team in the last 4 years.

Vasell at least had a habit of scoring.

I thought Mills did OK in Japan and had to feel a bit hard done by to lose his place to Neville for the first qualifier in Slovakia, but then that game at the Riverside where he came off after about 20 minutes he was truely awful.

Sinclair like so many others got a cap as he could almost trap a ball with his left foot. At the end of the day players like Guppy and Thompson should not really have England caps but they do.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Marshy said:
England just completely bore me these days sadly.

Friendlies well there just a joke, and even qualification games i cant be bothered to go down the pub and watch them.

Thats what Sven has done for us, i dont think im alone either.

You can't blame Sven for a Piss easy qualifying group (unless you consider our number 1 seeding is a bad thing). Qualifying games like Italy for 1998 and Turkey for 2004 don't come along very often and thank god for that. We could be in a group with Romania, Denmark and Greece. Nasty.

I'm just glad that we are a racing certainty to be going and we don't have to endure an edgy qualifying campaign.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
You can't blame Sven for a Piss easy qualifying group (unless you consider our number 1 seeding is a bad thing). Qualifying games like Italy for 1998 and Turkey for 2004 don't come along very often and thank god for that. We could be in a group with Romania, Denmark and Greece. Nasty.

I'm just glad that we are a racing certainty to be going and we don't have to endure an edgy qualifying campaign.

I am sure somehow they can blame Sven for having an easy qualifying group....

Although we are due an evil one or with any luck one full of former Soviet States, I could do with another trip down towards the Caspian Sea, cavar at $10 a jar, superb.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hannibal smith said:

its got nothing to do with the opposition, its the manner of our performances that i can only put down to Sven.

And we are by no means a racing certainty, if i was Polish i would be very confident of causing an upset looking at our recent form.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
its got nothing to do with the opposition, its the manner of our performances that i can only put down to Sven.

And we are by no means a racing certainty, if i was Polish i would be very confident of causing an upset looking at our recent form.

Are recent form??

So six 6 wins out of 7 in qualifying, including a win in Poland. One defeat in a friendly this calendar year. Not too bad really is. Doubt many of the other contenders are in much better form. Also we have won our last 6 qualifiers.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Marshy said:

Even if we lost to Poland we would probably make it as a best runner up. We therefore only have to beat Austria and Northern Island, which England wont mess up I'm sure.

Agreed, the manner of the performances are quite functional rather than spectacular but at least these produce results. I get annoyed with Sven during the bigger games. We lost to Portugal and Brazil in exactly the same way - trying to hold onto a slender lead with men behind the ball. Generally, this does not suit the style of play of most of our midfield. Still, at least our team can string 2 passes together which was more than could be said when Keegan was in charge.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Who honestly gives a flying doo dah about friendlies?

Because the players don't

Thats because Sven dosent give a shit either.

10 of our starting 11 know that however badly they play they will keep the shirt.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
Thats because Sven dosent give a shit either.

10 of our starting 11 know that however badly they play they will keep the shirt.

Really?

He has dropped Ashley Cole in the past due to poor form. James got dropped after his blunder in Vienna. Joe Cole has forced his way in, as has Lampard, as has Rooney.

He has a reasonably settled 8 and a few spots that are up for grabs, such as who Ferdinand's partner is and who will play on the left. But at the same time it shows a reasonably good side that it is settled, rather than the chuck crap form players in which happened in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here