Owen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
no.....we didnt give chances we played to the strengths that the formation offered.....

Robinson made 1 save .....we werent holding on their was 1 little scramble their keeper made 3 save does that mean we should have scored 4 no.....cos that not how football works.

4-4-2 may not of work cos defoe and rooney didnt lok good against denmark.

and we were to open against denmark in the midfield area.

Saturday....problem defensivley was solved and u fail to realise that when we attacked we have a formation that aloud us to bounce to a 4-3-3 with SWP and cole joing rooney

Thery have played together for 45 mins!
owen and rooney didnt look great together to start with

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Put James in goal.Give Cullip his debut.Bring in Zamora.Give Jake a start up front,play Ameobi,Kerry Mayo would be a good pick for this game.

And even then the only time the Irish would get into England's half would be at kick off,at kickoff,at kick off....etc,etc.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton Boy said:
so what.....owen and rooney didnt play on sat.....

we were good

The one thing we were not on Saturday was good. We were professional and we got a result, but we were not good.

The issue with playing Rooney up front on his own is Rooney is one of those players that likes to come deep to get the ball. When you are the lone striker you need to be holding the line and the ball when it comes to you. Too often he went deep and effectively we had nobody in the box.

However we did enough against a plucky but ultimately poor Wales side.

Play like that against Poland (who are not that great) and we might well get a shock.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
How can you say england were good on sat i will never know.

Cos you know nothing about football and i do.

Like i said earlier say we had beaten shrewsbury 1-0 we would of said professional performance they didnt really look like scoring etc etc.

but u expect us to murder everyone...and it dont work like that......

we only beat them 2-0 last time round and they were awful that day.

so a 1-0 win away when you say if it werent for aour keeper then they would of got something seems a very satisfying win

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
The one thing we were not on Saturday was good. We were professional and we got a result, but we were not good.

The issue with playing Rooney up front on his own is Rooney is one of those players that likes to come deep to get the ball. When you are the lone striker you need to be holding the line and the ball when it comes to you. Too often he went deep and effectively we had nobody in the box.

However we did enough against a plucky but ultimately poor Wales side.

Play like that against Poland (who are not that great) and we might well get a shock.

BUT PROFFESIONAL IS GOOD.

I CONSIDER CHELSEA GOOD NOT PROFFESIONAL AND THEY BEAT LESSER TEAMS 1-0......11 1-0 wins last year

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
Cos you know nothing about football and i do.

Like i said earlier say we had beaten shrewsbury 1-0 we would of said professional performance they didnt really look like scoring etc etc.

but u expect us to murder everyone...and it dont work like that......

we only beat them 2-0 last time round and they were awful that day.

so a 1-0 win away when you say if it werent for aour keeper then they would of got something seems a very satisfying win

Pretty sure i know a lot about football thank you.

I think you are the only one that seems to think england played well

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton Boy said:
BUT PROFFESIONAL IS GOOD.

I CONSIDER CHELSEA GOOD NOT PROFFESIONAL AND THEY BEAT LESSER TEAMS 1-0......11 1-0 wins last year

It was not a good performance on Saturday, but we did enough to get the result.

Coyne did not have that many saves to make, but we got the points and that is all that matters.

As I said early on this thread before you and your mate start swearing at people, the all important thing is to get 7 points from the next 9, then we have qualified. Then the fine tuning can be done in the 4 or 5 friendlies before next June.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
so you dont answer the other questions if brighton won 1-0 away to vauxhall motors in the fa cup u would say good a proffesional performance could of been a shock but avoided it......

thats good because it is games like that where slip ups can happen.

vauxhall motors is a bit much.

but as i say we would of said it if we had come away from shrews with a 1-0 win

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
It was not a good performance on Saturday, but we did enough to get the result.

Coyne did not have that many saves to make, but we got the points and that is all that matters.

As I said early on this thread before you and your mate start swearing at people, the all important thing is to get 7 points from the next 9, then we have qualified. Then the fine tuning can be done in the 4 or 5 friendlies before next June.

swearing at everyone?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
so you dont answer the other questions if brighton won 1-0 away to vauxhall motors in the fa cup u would say good a proffesional performance could of been a shock but avoided it......

No i wouldnt say it was a good win - id say it was a win and a win is a win.
You can win and not play well - Brighton at home to bristol a couple of years springs to mind

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton Boy said:

Football is results driven, so if you win ultimately that is what matters. But people will always comment on the performance.

Saturday was a professional performance, the players did what was asked of them and they got the result. If they had won 4 or 5 nil, people would have probably said we should be beating teams like Wales heavily.

The worry on Saturday was we did not really look like scoring other than the one we did.

But I will take three more 1-0 wins in the next three games, however poor the performance.

To be fair Garth, I have been more or less agreeing with what you are saying through this thread, it just seems you and Ronnie 'Foster for England' want a row with everyone on this thread and that my friend is my job....

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Foster 4 England!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports