Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Stop pretending you support Brighton, it's WEIRD.
True ,he posts on Crystal Palace forum under the same name....One of his posts...Brighton fans,I have to live amongst them....blah! blah! At least he gets to post on here,I tried to join Palace forum in answer to a question about Murray....yeh,you guessed it.."You do not have permission to post on this board".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
True ,he posts on Crystal Palace forum under the same name....One of his posts...Brighton fans,I have to live amongst them....blah! blah! At least he gets to post on here,I tried to join Palace forum in answer to a question about Murray....yeh,you guessed it.."You do not have permission to post on this board".
Surely its his own personal choice if he wants to come out as a Palace supporter ?

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011

I definitely don't.

I just searched the Palace forum for a username "Eastbourne", there isn't one.

You're a liar. You just made that up, and then invented some posts that I've apparently made without actually having a username.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/member.php?u=61561http://www.cpfc.org/forums/member.php?u=56179www.cpfc.org/forums/member.php?u=56179
I definitely don't.

I just searched the Palace forum for a username "Eastbourne", there isn't one.

You're a liar. You just made that up, and then invented some posts that I've apparently made without actually having a username.

Apologies,I did not put quite the full name. I'm not in the habit of telling porkies....you say there are no "Eastbourne" on the board...what about these two? Eastbourne Eagle/Eastbourne cpfc.

DannyCPFC

May 21, 2011
I don't know your squad particularly well, but I rate Garvan, though he clearly couldn't play in our side last season under Dougie, who set us up to try and defend for long periods of time and maybe score 1 goal to win (like against Leeds, Cardiff etc), and so Garvan didn't play much, because he isn't very defensive - to say he can't tackle is an understatement.

Many Palace fans say he doesn't commit though, this is also untrue, as he does commit - he just got sent off when he did! Certainly tries his best and is a top, top passer of the ball, and can strike it fairly sweetly, just lacks the pace and runs like a 70 year old. As I said I rate him, but is a bit of a luxury for us at the moment and so won't start much, don't know if he would fit in with you at all though.

He is not a top top passer of ball he always plays easy side wards passes and never any ambitious defense spiting passes which you would expect from a guy who does very little defensive work.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Under Gus we've played a passing game that builds from he back and utilises versatile switching wingers with one defensive CM (Bridcutt) and one creative CM (Dicker). I do reckon we need a hard nitty fritty box to box midfielder to mix it up a bit though, Garvan doesn't sound like he's that but might provide creative CM cover.

Sparrow ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sparrow ?

Exactly...Sparrow is that man, on a nice big pitch hes going to be mustard in my opinion.
Championship XP and hopefully injury free this year, we havent seen anywhere near the best of Sparrow yet.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
2 new players 1 from the scum !

from the daily mail

'BRIGHTON have bid £250,000 for Crystal palace Irishman Owen Garvan, 23, & boss Gus Poyet has also enuired about peterborough striker Craig Mackall-smith.'

what your views bringing in a palarse player ?? dont really know of him ??

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I refuse to believe the CMS story until its official. As for the pikey, I don't really know of him, other that he hasn't played for them very much at all.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Can we put a sticky about using the search :facepalm:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm not fussed. Calvin Andrew was good enough and, if I remember correctly, he was a loanee from Palace.

I don't want to say fixtures*2, but I feel strangely compelled - sorry.

EDIT - beaten to the 'fixtures' punch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here