Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
While we are at it are you going to sue the builders for putting up the roofs at a dodgy angle?

I presume because you live in a shit hole area you wouldn't appreciate that our stadium has been sculpted to follow the contours of the rolling countryside. I guess you like flat pack perfectly rectangular stadium that flow with the high rise flats.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
The funny thing is that you are all getting excited about your big stadium move (well over £100m) that currently has a 23k capacity. Even if the upgrades do happen (pushing the price even further) it'll get you 30k. Decent (and only DECENT) capacity. That'll be your home for the next 60-odd years most likely. By then, your club may have just cleared the debt to Bloom's estate.

What you must all be hoping for is that our plans hit the skids as chances are you'll have the nicer home (and I grant you that the AMEX will be nicer than SP from a cosmetic point of view) for all of 5-6 years before we move into our own lovely stadium with an all-encompassing glass roof with a capacity in the region of 40k plaus (and probably for half the cost of yours). It'll also be London territory, so land value will be exponentially more. Then you may find yourselves the poor relations again.

To be honest, it is your constant harping on about your stadium which has prompted me to post this. I actually was pleased for you guys, but you can't stop giving it the big 'I am' can you?

Well, maybe try establishing yourselves in the top 2 tiers for a decade or more before you start creaming yourselves over 'state of the art facilities'. If you've have a team that can't cut it, that'll be a financial millstone around your neck.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
I presume because you live in a shit hole area you wouldn't appreciate that our stadium has been sculpted to follow the contours of the rolling countryside. I guess you like flat pack perfectly rectangular stadium that flow with the high rise flats.

I actually prefer a rectangle to a bowl, but the area difference is obvious!

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
do you fancy Andy Doorman as well, well chuck him with the deal, he's shit also
lol

Last I knew it was spelt Dorman? But then again who am I to expect a Palace fan to spell things correctly?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Talking to a Palace fan about beautiful stadiums is like talking to Stevie Wonder about colour schemes.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
we got GM for free and are going to sell one of our worst players to you for £250k, cha ching xx

I like your name "YouKnowUsByOurNoise" is that the noise coming out of your high rise shit hole of you step Dad twice removed shagging your step sister (who's also your cousin) before he beats up your half Brother for afters. Welcome to Croydon the arse end of Surrey :eek:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Better comparison.

Holes.jpg
big_21_July_08_The_Stadium_will_also_be_home_to_Colchester_United_FC.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was shown this earlier : CPFC BBS - View Single Post - Isn't anyone else worried?

"One final point. We do NOT have to sell before we buy. Any players sold will be moved on as and when it suits the best interests of CPFC but Dougie knows that the owners are ready to trust his judgement and back him financially on player purchases."

That Freedman is a serial bullshitter. He's mental!

Didn't Palace miss out on Forsyth because they couldn't afford him, then he signed for Watford who are broke?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was shown this earlier : CPFC BBS - View Single Post - Isn't anyone else worried?

"One final point. We do NOT have to sell before we buy. Any players sold will be moved on as and when it suits the best interests of CPFC but Dougie knows that the owners are ready to trust his judgement and back him financially on player purchases."

That Freedman is a serial bullshitter. He's mental!

Stop pretending you support Brighton, it's WEIRD.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
chances are you'll have the nicer home (and I grant you that the AMEX will be nicer than SP from a cosmetic point of view) for all of 5-6 years before we move into our own lovely stadium with an all-encompassing glass roof with a capacity in the region of 40k plaus (and probably for half the cost of yours).

Flying_Pig.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To be honest, it is your constant harping on about your stadium which has prompted me to post this. I actually was pleased for you guys, but you can't stop giving it the big 'I am' can you?
You're on a Brighton messageboard. :wozza:

Is there not even one Palace fan capable of coming across as anything other than a dimwit of epic proportions?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The funny thing is that you are all getting excited about your big stadium move (well over £100m) that currently has a 23k capacity. Even if the upgrades do happen (pushing the price even further) it'll get you 30k. Decent (and only DECENT) capacity. That'll be your home for the next 60-odd years most likely. By then, your club may have just cleared the debt to Bloom's estate.

What you must all be hoping for is that our plans hit the skids as chances are you'll have the nicer home (and I grant you that the AMEX will be nicer than SP from a cosmetic point of view) for all of 5-6 years before we move into our own lovely stadium with an all-encompassing glass roof with a capacity in the region of 40k plaus (and probably for half the cost of yours). It'll also be London territory, so land value will be exponentially more. Then you may find yourselves the poor relations again.

Well, maybe try establishing yourselves in the top 2 tiers for a decade or more before you start creaming yourselves over 'state of the art facilities'. If you've have a team that can't cut it, that'll be a financial millstone around your neck.

You might want to do some research fella, you'll find the following phrases regarding the funding for the Amex -

Interest free loan
Unsecured loan
Monies owing transferred into shares in the club

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
You're on a Brighton messageboard. :wozza:

Is there not even one Palace fan capable of coming across as anything other than a dimwit of epic proportions?

Indeed, but like with every other topic, a conversation about Garvan ends up with you lot going mental about your ground.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

It was the "and probably for half the cost of yours" made me laugh..Who do you think will do the building work? Your uncle (twice removed) Feargus who said he can do it as he has experience with driveways.
Bloody pikeys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here