Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over-coverage on Pistorius?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
That's a point, and remember him claiming the other guy was cheating in that race by using different legs, most athletes wouldn't dare speaking out like that

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
So I suppose in the night this happened they were sharing a bed??? he heard a noise in the bathroom and thought it was an intruder...

he had time to get a gun unless you happen to carry one round at 3am in your boxer shorts, perhaps before shooting 4 times through a closed door without asking who might be in there first, it would be reasonable to assume the other person living in your house may have needed to get up to go for a piss???

I don't personally know where people store guns in there house but suffice to say you might need it close by in case someone really did break in, then he may have kept it in his room and noticed his girlfriend was not in bed????

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can't understand the interest. No more fussed than if it was a case about any other of the 7 billion or whatever people on the planet!

Just get on with the case in quiet and give us 1 paragraph or story at a push in a paper for one day WHEN THE CASE IS FINISHED

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don't think he has a leg to stand on, he clearly did it (allegedly), the question is whether you would randomly shoot someone four times through a door if you didn't know who was on the other side, even though there was only one other person in your house at the time, or whether you might actually check on your guests before you opened fire. But I agree, very boring now. Hang him.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i think she may have a point. wwf superstar chris benoit killed his wife and himself, barely made the headlines.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Not related to the Albion at all but I was wondering what people thought, my mother just had a bit of a rant about how the story wouldn't have got nearly as much coverage if an able-bodied athlete had been accused, personally I think she's barking, opinions?

Refer her to the OJ Simpson trial...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't think it deserves the coverage it's getting in the slightest, and I'm quite surprised his name is as widespread as it apparently is.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So I suppose in the night this happened they were sharing a bed??? he heard a noise in the bathroom and thought it was an intruder...

he had time to get a gun unless you happen to carry one round at 3am in your boxer shorts, perhaps before shooting 4 times through a closed door without asking who might be in there first, it would be reasonable to assume the other person living in your house may have needed to get up to go for a piss???

I don't personally know where people store guns in there house but suffice to say you might need it close by in case someone really did break in, then he may have kept it in his room and noticed his girlfriend was not in bed????

Nail on head.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

This is essentially the gist of his story.

He got up to get a fan from the balcony (the balcony door was open and unlocked, despite him living in fear of his life).
Upon returning to bedroom, he hears a noise in the toilet.
He shouts at the "intruder" to leave whilst shouting for Reeva to call the police
He goes back to his bed to get his gun, which is under the bed (the holster was found on the same side of the bed as Reeva's overnight bag and Ipad)
He returns to toilet and shoots 4 bullets through the door
He then realises it may be Reeva in the toilet.
Goes back to his room to put on his prosthetic legs!
Breaks toilet door down with a cricket bat and carries Reeva downstairs.

So at no time during this did he check where Reeva was and did not notice that she was not still in bed.

We will now have to wait until the trial to find out more about witnesses who heard an raised voices and gunshots, forensics re the angle of bullets, which side of the bed Reeva was sleeping etc etc.

Accident my arse, in my humble opinion of course.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is essentially the gist of his story.

He got up to get a fan from the balcony (the balcony door was open and unlocked, despite him living in fear of his life).
Upon returning to bedroom, he hears a noise in the toilet.
He shouts at the "intruder" to leave whilst shouting for Reeva to call the police
He goes back to his bed to get his gun, which is under the bed (the holster was found on the same side of the bed as Reeva's overnight bag and Ipad)
He returns to toilet and shoots 4 bullets through the door
He then realises it may be Reeva in the toilet.
Goes back to his room to put on his prosthetic legs!
Breaks toilet door down with a cricket bat and carries Reeva downstairs.

So at no time during this did he check where Reeva was and did not notice that she was not still in bed.

We will now have to wait until the trial to find out more about witnesses who heard an raised voices and gunshots, forensics re the angle of bullets, which side of the bed Reeva was sleeping etc etc.

Accident my arse, in my humble opinion of course.

I agree.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pistorius_zps214d297a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here