Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over-coverage on Pistorius?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not related to the Albion at all but I was wondering what people thought, my mother just had a bit of a rant about how the story wouldn't have got nearly as much coverage if an able-bodied athlete had been accused, personally I think she's barking, opinions?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Bail would have been no good imo.
k02br4.png

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Any global superstar who shoots their girlfriend dead on valentines day would be all over the papers for weeks, legless or not!

Exactly! She (my mother) on the other hand believes that because there is 36 years between us she obviously has more common sense :facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bail would have been no good imo.
k02br4.png

Wonderful.

The story is getting all the coverage it deserves. Oscar Pistorius is an inspiration to millions. And now he has blown his girlfriend away. A lot of people are very upset.

Not me though, people are people. He is an inspirarional person for his determination, it changes nothing that he's a bit happy with a trigger.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't think he did it. Can't understand why they want to try him for murder.

Well, he clearly did it, whether he meant to kill her is one of the questions. Personally, I tend to believe his version, but it's not cut & dried.

It has had a lot of ccoverage, the media love this sort of thing. Would an able-bodied person got the same ? Depends who it was. Imagine if it was, say, Becks, there would be a lot more.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Wonderful.

Oscar Pistorius is an inspiration to millions. And now he has blown his girlfriend away. A lot of people are very upset.

Indeed :down: So many people saw him as a role model for determination and commitment but now even if he gets off, there will always be that question mark above his head

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Indeed :down: So many people saw him as a role model for determination and commitment but now even if he gets off, there will always be that question mark above his head

How is he going to get off? He has admitted shooting her! Even his Uncle says that after the trial, he is going to go back to his athletics career. How? He will be in prison - at least, he should be.

A question mark over his head? He shot someone through a closed door 4 times. That tends to be a bit of a black mark on his character, I would have thought.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
How is he going to get off? He has admitted shooting her! Even his Uncle says that after the trial, he is going to go back to his athletics career. How? He will be in prison - at least, he should be.

A question mark over his head? He shot someone through a closed door 4 times. That tends to be a bit of a black mark on his character, I would have thought.

True that, I don't think he will get off I was just talking hypothetically

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Too much coverage or not;I am not sure,but at least it was a change from f...ing horse meat!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Question could be asked would it get the same coverage if Usain Bolt shot his girlfriend. Probably yes.

Also, even if he can convince a jury he didn't mean to kill her, he meant to kill whomever was in the bathroom.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I know! I don't know why everyone is so fussed about it, we never noticed and it tasted great so why not?!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It keeps people on their toes.
I reckon his missus was his achilles heel, but if he gets bail, he's ankling.
Tread carefully, etc etc.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
It's a very sad story indeed. Personally I believe pistorious is likely to be a confrontational character. You don't overcome having no legs and compete in the Olympics without a lot of single mindedness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here