Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Over a 1000 tickets left for tomorrows match - how come ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This talk of a ‘surge’ and ‘flood’ of tickets onto the exchange - it’s about 500 up over the last couple of days….about 1.5%. It’s DRIBBLE

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
it's only Man.Citeh. Plus a lot of people are freaked-out by the rapidly rising Covid numbers and Albion fans complete and utter ignoring of mask protocol

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know we are only 4th in the Premier League and we're playing the reigning champions but it still surprises me that we're not sold out for tomorrows match ? Yes it's £45 - but so 's a shit night out in a pizza restaurant .
Come on people ..... snap em up !

*cough* Covid *cough*

Cough. But no temperature. Should I risk it? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am going tomorrow but it’s my first game for a while. I caught Covid quite badly in the summer despite having had 2 jabs, and ended up in the Royal Sussex with things looking a bit dicey for me for a while. I pulled through, just, but knew that I wouldn’t be going to football regularly for a while and sadly we let our season tickets in the NW corner go - we asked if we could buy them back later in the season but didn’t get anywhere with that.

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow but I suspect I won’t be going on a regular basis for a while as I am still far from back to full health. I am told that I have an increased immunity for 6 - 8 months after infection but the climbing infection rates suggest that things will be difficult all through this winter at least and probably not wise for anyone with heightened risk to let their guard down. What I went through was awful, no game of football is worth that.

Best wishes Peter.

Yes, football attendance is voluntary. Being told to go back to work and mingle with cretins isn't. WTF.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I am going tomorrow but it’s my first game for a while. I caught Covid quite badly in the summer despite having had 2 jabs, and ended up in the Royal Sussex with things looking a bit dicey for me for a while. I pulled through, just, but knew that I wouldn’t be going to football regularly for a while and sadly we let our season tickets in the NW corner go - we asked if we could buy them back later in the season but didn’t get anywhere with that.

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow but I suspect I won’t be going on a regular basis for a while as I am still far from back to full health. I am told that I have an increased immunity for 6 - 8 months after infection but the climbing infection rates suggest that things will be difficult all through this winter at least and probably not wise for anyone with heightened risk to let their guard down. What I went through was awful, no game of football is worth that.

All the best Peter and I assume that your current state of immunity will keep you safe. I despair of the vast majority of Albion fans on the trains and on the concourses who seem to think it a matter of macho pride to not wear a mask, and clearly the club are only paying lip-service to keeping everyone safe. I've never had my Covid pass checked, and about 2 people per hundred wear a mask when in the concourses. And of course the stewards just want an easy life for their minimum wage and so ignore it.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
All the best Peter and I assume that your current state of immunity will keep you safe. I despair of the vast majority of Albion fans on the trains and on the concourses who seem to think it a matter of macho pride to not wear a mask, and clearly the club are only paying lip-service to keeping everyone safe. I've never had my Covid pass checked, and about 2 people per hundred wear a mask when in the concourses. And of course the stewards just want an easy life for their minimum wage and so ignore it.

Also would like to mention the P & R buses , when first back there was an almost total wearing of masks , every game it seems less and less .
I emailed the club to say that while i understood they could do nothing about non mask wearing on the trains surely as they were running the P & R buses they could control it on them . They replied that while they strongly encourage the use of masks it was still a personal decision .
Can i please ask anybody reading this who uses those buses to wear a mask for the short journey . thanks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This talk of a ‘surge’ and ‘flood’ of tickets onto the exchange - it’s about 500 up over the last couple of days….about 1.5%. It’s DRIBBLE

As I said, I'd not looked for. a few days.

But if it was 500, according to your figures, and it's now 1,000 - that's a 100% rise by my maths.

It's because this new digital ticketing and extra payment system is a f**king farce. I cannot stand it.

Really disagree with it and it's yet another example of the working man being screwed, we aren't the only club who have bought this in either. Palarse chaps at work said the same and they are fuming too as they like to pass their ticket on to other fans if they cannot go which is exactly what I used to do and when we had this in place, the stadium was always full.

Embarrassing.

I cannot stand it. Really am tempted to write in about it too and I've never felt like that about anything too.

Although I must say, one plus is that every home game this season has been a pretty decent atmosphere because there are no happy clappy day trippers going!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's because this new digital ticketing and extra payment system is a f**king farce. I cannot stand it.

Really disagree with it and it's yet another example of the working man being screwed, we aren't the only club who have bought this in either. Palarse chaps at work said the same and they are fuming too as they like to pass their ticket on to other fans if they cannot go which is exactly what I used to do and when we had this in place, the stadium was always full.

Embarrassing.

I cannot stand it. Really am tempted to write in about it too and I've never felt like that about anything too.

Although I must say, one plus is that every home game this season has been a pretty decent atmosphere because there are no happy clappy day trippers going!

And, legally, you aren't allowed to pass your ticket around! A blind eye has been turned for many a year but it doesn't change the legality as far as I'm aware.

Your letter to PB should be good. 'Dear Mr Barber, why are the club doing their damndest to stop me breaking the law?'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I said, I'd not looked for. a few days.

But if it was 500, according to your figures, and it's now 1,000 - that's a 100% rise by my maths.

Technically correct….but it’s also about 2% of STHs listing their tickets in the last few days following a heavy media campaign by the club.

Lies, damns lies and bullshit percentages to suit the agenda eh ?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Also would like to mention the P & R buses , when first back there was an almost total wearing of masks , every game it seems less and less .
I emailed the club to say that while i understood they could do nothing about non mask wearing on the trains surely as they were running the P & R buses they could control it on them . They replied that while they strongly encourage the use of masks it was still a personal decision .
Can i please ask anybody reading this who uses those buses to wear a mask for the short journey . thanks

The club are probably right regarding the buses as they don’t physically run them themselves.

However on the concourse they have every right, (and duty IMO), to insist on mask wearing as they have made doing so one of the terms of entry.

I have only been to one match this season and hardly anyone was wearing a mask - I won’t be going to another match until the situation changes. I have now made arrangements to pass my ticket to a relative via the ticket transfer system in the meantime.

I can’t see anywhere whether or not the club will be relaxing the rule regarding missed matches resulting in loss of season ticket. If they don’t do so and they do cancel it then que sera, sera.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Technically correct….but it’s also about 2% of STHs listing their tickets in the last few days following a heavy media campaign by the club.

You've lost me again - who has an agenda? I certainly don't.

I completely understand why a relatively large subset of our season ticket holders are willing to forego attending right now, despite our incredible progress and the calibre of the opposition.

I have the memory of a goldfish, but I can't recall any other comparable game over recent years where so many exchange seats were available.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You've lost me again - who has an agenda? I certainly don't.

I completely understand why a relatively large subset of our season ticket holders are willing to forego attending right now, despite our incredible progress and the calibre of the opposition.

I have the memory of a goldfish, but I can't recall any other comparable game over recent years where so many exchange seats were available.

Why state ‘100%’ then ? It’s meaningless.

Approx 1 in 50 STHs have listed their ticket in the last few days, for a late ko, with escalating Covid rates and at the start of half term and after the club have publicised the opening of the exchange. It’s a small minority, not a relatively large subset IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why state ‘100%’ then ? It’s meaningless.

Approx 1 in 50 STHs have listed their ticket in the last few days, for a late ko, with escalating Covid rates and at the start of half term and after the club have publicised the opening of the exchange. It’s a small minority, not a relatively large subset IMO.

Really interested to hear what you think my agenda is then as I really have no idea myself. If you do reply to this post, please tell me what my agenda is.

Maths is dull, but we have c25,000 STHs (incl. 1901ers) and there are (or were) 1,000 seats up for sale with a fair chunk already sold. Let's ignore the fair chunk already sold. 1,000 / 25,000 is 4%, or twice your 1-in-50. Given the ones already sold, it's likely more like 3-in-50 that have been put up for sale.

Anyway, I don't give a shit about poor maths.

My only points (subject to my TBA agenda) are:

1. That I can't recall any game against a "big side" where so many seats have been available.
2. I can completely understand why that is the case right now, as for the Covid-concerned, it's quite a leap of faith.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

When you say media campaign, are you talking about the club advising STH to list their tickets on the exchange or a campaign to promote the game to those that might want to buy a ticket?

In either case, I'm struggling to see the problem.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I just do not understand the club’s thinking with the ticket swap system. It ‘might’ have worked pre-Covid when we had 5k on the ST waiting list. Now that waiting list is gone and we can’t fill the ground it looks like what it is……a mistake. They are allowed to make them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here