Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 4,000 empty seats?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Obviously the splitting of the South stand loses a few seats and we obviously only sold about half of it due to the late return of tickets from Derby. Plenty of space in East stand though especially the family section which seems tohave fewer and fewer peopl in it each home game. Are the kids bored already? Presume you can't upgrade the kids tickets to an adult over there either unliek else where in the ground.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Evening games are always the same, and with the South being half empty it was always going to be low (If being a Brighton fan I can call 18k as being low). Hardly worth a thread about it!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
What I dont understand is that despite the late return of Derby tickets they were showing as on sale and then a day or so before the game as sold out? Someone messed up.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Maybe it's time the club stood up to Brighton Council and started selling tickets on the gate. They've met any demand that has been put on them, the stadium is an undoubted success and the town must be benefitting in many ways. Take last night- say 500 paid at the gate- the club makes another £10000 plus, seats are filled - gains all round!

patricksullivan

Jun 17, 2011
Hove
i agree, also its very strange that you can only buy 1 ticket even with 260 points as i have. i do have friends and they want to come and spend money. it needs to be looked at, maybe 72 hours before a game starts the tickets can go on pure general sale and you can buy as many as you want. i nearly didnt get a ticket to what i feel was the best BHAFC performance for a very long time.

What I dont understand is that despite the late return of Derby tickets they were showing as on sale and then a day or so before the game as sold out? Someone messed up.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I now you lot laugh at Palace evening gates..but you lose all the kids and a few Dads as well, and for some reason Palace kick off at 8.00 meaning that we dont get home to 11.30 its insane!!

It might just be me but this season there seems to have been many more evening games?? why is that?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
i agree, also its very strange that you can only buy 1 ticket even with 260 points as i have. i do have friends and they want to come and spend money. it needs to be looked at, maybe 72 hours before a game starts the tickets can go on pure general sale and you can buy as many as you want. i nearly didnt get a ticket to what i feel was the best BHAFC performance for a very long time.

Tickets were on general sale, in fact all the games for the rest of the reason went to general sale and all sold out (well, Birmingham dropped to 10 points but most have that). Half the South stand was empty, so thats 1,000 lost already - then theres the unused staff tickets in the East and all the ST holders.

Why are we complaining, we had a hell of a lot more than Palace - 18k on a weeknight is a alright amount.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In fact there was UNDER 4000 empty seats .

I now you lot laugh at Palace evening gates..but you lose all the kids and a few Dads as well, and for some reason Palace kick off at 8.00 meaning that we dont get home to 11.30 its insane!!

It might just be me but this season there seems to have been many more evening games?? why is that?

Is the season finishing a bit early to accommadate the Euros and Olympics.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Maybe it's time the club stood up to Brighton Council and started selling tickets on the gate. They've met any demand that has been put on them, the stadium is an undoubted success and the town must be benefitting in many ways. Take last night- say 500 paid at the gate- the club makes another £10000 plus, seats are filled - gains all round!

What tickets? It was sold out. But they do need a ticket exchange.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

With the new seats, I would like a trial attempt at pay on the gate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know why the kids don't attend. Sure it's a school night, but it's only 5 or 6 per season, a few late nights isn't going to ruin their education!
I and all my east stand mates bring our kids to eve games. They love it

Firstly, no it isn't 'only 5 or 6'. The visit of Watford will be the ELEVENTH home evening game of the season.

Don't assume everyone lives in Brighton. I got my 13 year old home at midnght last night, and he was a wreck this morning. I'll not be apologising to anyone for leaving my 11 year old at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here