Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outside Toilets

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Okay, so today I was meeting my mate outside to give him his season-ticket, and have a pint at the Hop bar as he goes in to another area of the ground. My youngest daughter needed the toilet, so I then went to Dicks bar to ask if she could use their toilets. My daughter is seven years old. I explained to the two young men at the door, one of them was about to let me through, when a Jabba the Hutt type fella flatly refused. I offered to leave my jacket and season ticket as proof, that I was coming straight back down the stairs as soon has she had been to the toilet, alas...to no avail. Jabba the hutt then says ' i'm only doing my job '!! So that fat git's job, is to stop small children going to the toilet apparently. It's this type of jobsworth nonsense that drives me crazy at the AMEX ! Utterly unnecessary and ridiculous. The situation of not being able to leave a stand once you've gone through the turnstiles also adds to it as it means there are no outside toilets at all. I'm so mad about this, that I would have started my own thread on it, but this one seems appropriate to bounce. It's like the other week when I came back into the stand after going for a piss and stood and clapped a chap that had died, and a tribute was being shown on the screen at the forest game.A steward told me to step back and move along, there was nobody behind me and I just wanted to pay a bit of respect. Again jobsworth idiots !!!! In fact it's not even jobsworth because I'm sure nowhere in their job description does it state they have to stop small children going to the toilet and a guy popping his head around the corner to look at a screen and clap a gentleman that had passed away. Sometimes I do hate this club or is it just football, and/or idiocrasy???
This sort of authoritarian behaviour by thicko' just makes a shit game worse and makes me question why I pay upward if £100 a month to the club. Believe me, a win against a palace and this sort of rubbish staff behaviour would have still ruined my day.

Last edited:

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Paul Barber replied to exactly this thread's question at the recent Supporters Club AGM. He was asked about the times when supporters are asked to get to the ground early but the turnstiles do not open early.

His reply was that there is no external foul drainage that permanent loos could be tapped into, and no internal loos to which access can be provided without using turnstiles. The cost of manning turnstiles, and therefore concourse stewarding, would be prohibitive. "Ugly" Portaloos would not be welcomed.

However, my understanding of the licensing laws is that wherever alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises, publicly available toilet facilities must be provided. The external concourses do form part of the premises in the case of The Amex. Incidentally, recently a food takeaway shop was told it had to provide toilets as it it provided a bench and four stools to allow people to eat their food on the premises. They took the stools away instead. So it would seem toilets are a requirement even if the food and drink is non alcoholic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Honestly, Paul Barbers response above shows a lack of imagination, if anything just an appetite to find further problems in answer to solutions. We're taking about letting a 7 year old child use the bloody toilet in Dicks Bar - not the commandeering of 'little ships' to evacuate the BEF from Dunkirk. Christ, if the Albion had been in government during 1940 we'd be living in a Nazi state and no mistake. Come on Brighton, get your act together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here