Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out of automatic promotion if we don't beat forest

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Surprised at the resignation of many posters on this and other threads and the heaping of unnecessary pressure on next games. Fact is that points will be dropped by top three in the last few games not least because two games feature two of them as opponents.

And it is very unlikely that all the other games will be won; if that is the case, Albion will most likely be the third team, yet with 90+ points; this has never happened before: it is possible but VERY unlikely. So why make Monday's game have this level of significance? We could lose, then win next two home games and still be ahead of Burnley if they were to lose twice. Agree with other posters that Burnley will lose at least once before end of season; if they don't, good luck to them. they will deserve promotion.

Never has the age old adage of "each game as it comes" seem more appropriate.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Alternatively we could be if we win Monday and Friday 2nd at worst and pressure will then be on Burnley and Boro for the weekend.

I think a defeat would all but end our automatic hopes, clearly not impossible but with the points difference I think we would need to win the remaining five and just can't see that happening. On the flip side though as someone said earlier if we win our next 2 then that heaps the pressure on Burnley and Boro next weekend.

Not forgetting that Boro play their game in hand on Tuesday evening at home to Reading.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Every match is a 'must win'. It makes no difference.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still the weekends results made all our other games (apart from Boro) friendlies as they have nothing to play for, none of them. A few weeks ago and they all looked incredibly hard.

I think it's unlikely Charlton will already be relegated by the time we play them. Yes, they are ten points from safety but only one point separates the six teams above the relegation zone and Forest play Rotherham next weekend. Assuming Charlton lose against Derby, they then play Bolton. If they win that (or maybe even if they draw), the most likely scenario is that they will have to beat us to avoid relegation - which is just what we don't want.

And why do you think Forest 'have nothing to play for' when they are only two places from relegation? There is a points cushion, but they will definitely be determined to win on Monday to increase the gap.

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Beat Forest it's as we were before weekend fixtures, did anyone expect anything different?
Burnley home to Leeds banker
Boro home to Preston banker
Top of table if we win our 2 Bankers (Forest Fulham)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bookmakers have brighton 2.28, 7/5, 6/4 ect to beat Forest. So I guess were stuffed

I think we may win though, as they not got nothing to play for.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
All pressure games from now on, just have to take them as they come.
The results will be what they will be but we want to at least see some real effort.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bookmakers have brighton 2.28, 7/5, 6/4 ect to beat Forest. So I guess were stuffed

I think we may win though, as they not got nothing to play for.
Similar odds at Birmingham last match.

:)

Vokes came off injured against Leeds, if he's out for a while that will effect them. Hoofing it long to the big man doesn't work all that well when the big man on the physio's table.

Last edited:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Been supporting Brighton for over 35 years. This has been such an enjoyable season that us getting promoted would be amazing. So many twists and turns to come for sure and I do believe we will gain automatic promotion, over the last month we have been getting stronger and the confidence must and should be sky high within the squad. Burnley v Middlesbrough is the key fixture. We only have to overtake one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here