• too much

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • who gives a ****

Votes: 56 43.4%

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not when the children and kindergarten to early primary school ages.

You'd have to be some strange creeper to want to talk about such thing with young children who aren't your children.

The irony is that for a while there was a push to stop sexualising children. Now this new movement takes glee in sexualising children at such young ages.

Nobody would want Evangelists as teachers pushing their beliefs in schools on children, imagine the outcry if there was. So why would it be acceptable for anyone to push their sexual views to the same children? Because they are going well beyond talking about these subjects from a biological point of view.

If any of this was actually happening it probably would be concerning.

But what you're saying sounds like evangelics say when they're trying to shut down teachings they disagree with

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I guess as example if you're a parent you might not want some strange person talking to your child about anything not related to their education, especially when it comes to things like sex and gender.

That's not the teachers job to discuss such things with children, that's the parents decision to make.

Maybe that's why many people rally against it.

Unfortunately, the comment you make about it being the parents' decision to make, is often given far too much precedence in a lot of areas. Family is an important pillar of society, but it is as fallible as the people involved in it. I can say from experience that becoming a parent doesn't immediately equip you with everything you need to help your kids make the decisions that are best for them. Parents should learn just as much as kids do as they grow up and part of learning is always getting insight from others with knowledge or experiences that you lack. I'd imagine that we can all see places where our (usually well meaning) parents went right and wrong in our own upbringings and that allowing some of them the ultimate say in some areas has damaged quite a lot people. 'It take a village to raise a child' has become a cliche since Hilary Clinton adopted it, but there is sense in it, especially in an age where the family unit is infintiely multi-variegated and not always well equipped to deal with every one of the issues that can can arise as we help them stagger through modern childhood.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Do you have sources for this assertion? Figures etc?

I’m more concerned with the religious right teaching kids abortion is evil and believing in evolution will land you in a lake of fire for eternity.

But yeah, genuinely interested if you have evidence to back up your statements?

Tik Tok/Twitter and social media is a hive for these teachers posting their views. Granted if you don't use such platforms you wouldn't come across it much.

Everything plays out on these social network platforms now.

I'd say in public schools there won't be too many conservative teachers teaching what you have mentioned, if they were they would be fired as this isn't part of school curriculums.

Teaching K to 3 grade children about trans and gender is however part of some schools curriculums, without any discussion with parents.

Thus the push back against it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My eyes tend to glaze over when I see your utterly crap poorly punctuated posts, which is why I'm late to reply.

I'm just pointing out that you're too thick and boorish to ever consider that YOU might have said something unreasonable. People like you who lack any self awareness will therefore point the finger at others, considering them to be "over sensitive" or "woke".

I'm not quite how highlighting this makes ME a "petal".

you wouldn't have a clue about me sausage , some of us like to have a laugh and take the piss/have a wind up ...................some of us are just bat shit boring , i have retracted and apologised on occasions when content i have read on the web has proved to be erroneous, now excuse me while i scrape the vegemite off my cardigan whilst pointing out that, i'm reasonably certain , you need a comma between crap and poorly :wink:

N.B self awareness is no problem i can assure you.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unfortunately, the comment you make about it being the parents' decision to make, is often given far too much precedence in a lot of areas. Family is an important pillar of society, but it is as fallible as the people involved in it. I can say from experience that becoming a parent doesn't immediately equip you with everything you need to help your kids make the decisions that are best for them. Parents should learn just as much as kids do as they grow up and part of learning is always getting insight from others with knowledge or experiences that you lack. I'd imagine that we can all see places where our (usually well meaning) parents went right and wrong in our own upbringings and that allowing some of them the ultimate say in some areas has damaged quite a lot people. 'It take a village to raise a child' has become a cliche since Hilary Clinton adopted it, but there is sense in it, especially in an age where the family unit is infintiely multi-variegated and not always well equipped to deal with every one of the issues that can can arise as we help them stagger through modern childhood.

Parents aren't infallible this is true, they do however have the right to expect that their children can go to school and not be indoctrinated into a teachers political, sexual or personal views.

Many of the programs that some of these people would implement do nothing but confuse the crap out of young children who cannot in anyway process the adult concepts these teachers are trying to push onto them in the name of "education".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tik Tok/Twitter and social media is a hive for these teachers posting their views. Granted if you don't use such platforms you wouldn't come across it much.

I'd say in public schools there won't be too many conservative teachers teaching what you have mentioned, if they were they would be fired as this isn't part of school curriculums.

Teaching K to 3 grade children about trans and gender is however part of some schools curriculums, without any discussion with parents.

All hearsay on your part. You haven’t provided any evidence or links to sources. Sorry, I simply don’t believe what you think is happening, is indeed happening.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Why should or would a parent get a say in whether their child learns about gender or trans? Bearing in mind there will be children or parents that applies to then or in the future?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i was woke before it was trendy.:D surely being woke is being aware of injustices and general shit****erry by the ruling/ controlling classes against the person in the street and the manipulations of such persons to bite sideways or downwards rather than upwards.
Oh, so you are woke? I apologise, I completely got the wrong end of the stick.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Parents aren't infallible this is true, they do however have the right to expect that their children can go to school and not be indoctrinated into a teachers political, sexual or personal views.

Many of the programs that some of these people would implement do nothing but confuse the crap out of young children who cannot in anyway process the adult concepts these teachers are trying to push onto them in the name of "education".

Are teachers teaching their own personal views or are they informing children that there are trans people in the world and the reasons for that? Are they informing them about gender or pressing their own agenda?

It’s a different world, kids need and want to be informed. They won’t thank anyone for shielding them from the facts. Especially important if the parents are bigoted dinosaurs. At least the kid will have a chance of learning the facts.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sex education was left until the age of 12 in the old days , i don't see any fault in that , certainly no place in gender or non binary issues being bandied around to 5 and 6 year olds.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
sex education was left until the age of 12 in the old days , i don't see any fault in that , certainly no place in gender or non binary issues being bandied around to 5 and 6 year olds.

I think you misjudge the world kids live in these days, or their capacity to understand it through teaching.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The bottom line is that kids are in school for a lot less time than they are at home for. Take an active role in the education of your children and they'll turn out how you want. But if you want to push your own outdated and bigoted views onto them then you're just encouraging otherism and hatred, where does the cycle end?

There's no harm in children learning tolerance, understanding and respect in the classroom.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

1) So isn't it a parent's responsibility to check and if necessary, restrict their kids' access to social media. In any case you have to be 13 to have an account for any of these platforms. However, within that....

2) What about muh free speech?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If this were actually happening in schools then agreed, it would be a problem. What is the source of your belief that it is happening or is it something you have witnessed ? If the latter then did you report it ? It’s just that in my experience the complete opposite happens and teachers are not actually allowed to give their own views. Encouraging debate is not the same thing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do you have sources for this assertion? Figures etc?

I’m more concerned with the religious right teaching kids abortion is evil and believing in evolution will land you in a lake of fire for eternity.

But yeah, genuinely interested if you have evidence to back up your statements?

This is the curriculum of all schools in Victoria, https://victoriancurriculum.vcaa.vic.edu.au/health-and-physical-education/curriculum/f-10#level=3-4

I can't speak for TB's experiences, and would be very interested in his evidence in this area. However, being a teacher I can assure you that very little outside the curriculum is taught as there simply isn't time.

Most primary schools tend to address puberty at around Grade 5 and 6 (around 11 or 12). This program is presented in a very respectful and scientific way, most often by an outside agency. The program is also optional so if parents don't feel their children are ready they don't have to get involved. I have sat through many of these lessons and the presenters are very good and extremely balanced when answering the children's questions. I have heard many questions asked about trans issues and homosexuality. Questions we are easily answered factually and respectfully.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think TB has misunderstood how these things are taught and ironically, has used his misunderstanding to reinforce his own agenda.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right wingers have completely gone off the deep end with their utter obsession with this word. It's quite depressing.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I might be as worried as you are, if it was actually happening. Every report of it seems to be coming from unreliable politically motivated news sources that see it as a wedge issue to bolster the chances of the policy vacuum that is the US Republican party.

Anybody who's been paying attention knows that we've been through it all before. There are many books and peer reviewed academic papers that show how the UK's press did exactly the same thing to local councils and education authorities in the early eighties during the 'loony left' scare. Even further back, Stan Cohen's classic 1972 sociology text 'Folk Devils and Moral Panics' showed exactly how the process worked in relation to the sixties mods and rockers. You being a music fan, you may know the story of how Holland, Dozier and Holland wrote the follow up to 'I Can't Myself.' These news outlets searching out, jumping on, escalating and exaggerating any minor transgression from a single, usually well intentioned individual are doing their own version of 'The Same Old Song'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Your accusations are fairly alarming but also incredibly vague. Could you please put some flesh on the bones of what you think is happening in schools?

- Are we just talking about American schools or Australian and British Schools too?
- What is it exactly that is being taught that you disagree with and how?
- What age level do you believe that this stuff is being taught?
- Schools generally follow a centralised curriculum (the Victorian one is posted in my last post) and most schools that deviate from this include their own on their website. Could you post a link to the schools that have K-3 lessons about 'trans and gender' on their curriculum?
- If all this evidence is on TikTok and Twitter, could you please include some links to the posts and tweets that have bought you to your conclusion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here