Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Jason Peake was an awful waste of £125k at a time when we were on our arses as a club. Mark Farrington was another waste of money - Barry had a shocker there. Turienzo was dreadful as well.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I don't really like slagging off players but a centre forward in the under nines would be a better keeper than Graeme Smith. Genuinely shocking at that level

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Surprised no-one's said Wayne Henderson. He wouldn't be my pick, btw.
I'd plump for Seb Carole Mark II or III. Fine first time, abysmal second time. And yet we signed him a THIRD time?!

Mark Bircham was utter cack.

Arismendi for the build-up vs reality.
Those Man City loanees (Razak was once) in the first Amex season were a whole heap of useless in comparison to what they could have been.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Who was that GK we had a few years back? Gonzales or something? Played about 3 games then went to another championship club, where he played against us. He was terrible!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Surely has to be cms. Our record signing who could not trap a bag of cement

Obviously he's not the worst player we've signed, there are some absolute shockers already mentioned on this thread, but I tend to agree with this assessment. We've hardly got value for money from the lad.....yet!

Worst value for money has to be Hoskins surely? Again not a bad player and massively unlucky with injuries but cost a decent wedge of cash and played only a handful of games. I see he's out injured until the new year at Oxford.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Paul Kitson is harsh, when he did play he looked very useful. He just had a shocker with injuries.

Graham Barrett on the other hand.. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports