Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our worst signing of the last decade

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Clunge or Baldrick.

The former had to be on a fair wedge and the latter a relatibvly expensive (for us) fee and a fair wedge no doubt and have done the sum total of **** ALL

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don't buy that, his hold up play and overall contribution has been worth the fee alone others have benefited from his link up play and scored goals. No where near the worst signing having said that no where near the best either.

Don't get me wrong - I like cms. But 3 million record signing ? More like a 300k player. I still live in hope he'll spectacularly come good though....

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Graeme smith. I think that was the name of the keeper who seemed to let 4 in each time he played.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Another vote for CMS, but not because he's a bad player - far from it.

It simply made no sense whatever to pay a record fee for him and then play him in a role that he'd never played before and which so obviously didn't make the most of his abilities.

He's actually one of our best players of recent times, if only for his willingness to try to adapt and his never-say-die work ethic - but he is also our worst signing.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Jason Peake cost a lot by the standards of the Albion at the time but at least he tried, I think, and he was more than ten years ago. The award goes to kemy or, and fingers crossed I'm wrong, Sami

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another vote for CMS, but not because he's a bad player - far from it.

It simply made no sense whatever to pay a record fee for him and then play him in a role that he'd never played before and which so obviously didn't make the most of his abilities.

He's actually one of our best players of recent times, if only for his willingness to try to adapt and his never-say-die work ethic - but he is also our worst signing.

Another vote for CMS

But he hasn't been one of our better players, far from it. Even if he'd joined on a free transfer, there are so many Albion players of the last decade who were / are better than him either in their position, or in overall footballing ability and performance.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
All the usual suspects listed already...

Even so, worth a mention (though agreeably not our WORST signing in the last decade) has to be Spanish Dave during his second spell.

Never looked remotely bothered in Garcia's set-up. During that awful spell of injuries we needed players to step up....instead Lopez gave up. Delighted to see him off the payroll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here