Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our worst signing of the last decade

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
More that didn't meet the expectation levels, therefore I count as bad signings.

Gavin Hoyte. RUBBISH.
Joe O'ceurailsislsl
Robbie Savage. HUGE wages. pontless time to sign him.
Paul Kitson (just sneaks in the decade?)
Stuart Fleetwood. Had excellent reputation.
Liam Dickenson was just a ridiculous dissappointment in my view.

What a disappointment that turned out to be.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
The OP has let himself down very badly with this thread.
1) Dobbie is a good player with a good pedigree.
2) Dobbie has been given little or no chance at this club.
3) Dobbie will prove he is a good player elsewhere.
I would suggest that the OP lets us know how minutes he has seen Dobbie play this season and whether that is fair to judge the player on. Would the OP agree that the manager could have used Dobbie more when certain players were struggling and yet the manager perservered with these players, costing us points in the process.
In the tiny amount of game time he had at BHA, Dobbie won us 2 points v Peterboro and argubably 1 v Wolves. ( Could be useful in the final count-up ) How many more could he have won us. To suggest he is the worst signing in a decade is laughable and shows absolutely no appreciation of the game.
I wish him well for the future but consider it a mistake to have let him go to a rival. We could regret it.

Irrespective of who's fault it was, he was a crap signing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The OP has let himself down very badly with this thread.
1) Dobbie is a good player with a good pedigree.
2) Dobbie has been given little or no chance at this club.
3) Dobbie will prove he is a good player elsewhere.
I would suggest that the OP lets us know how minutes he has seen Dobbie play this season and whether that is fair to judge the player on. Would the OP agree that the manager could have used Dobbie more when certain players were struggling and yet the manager perservered with these players, costing us points in the process.
In the tiny amount of game time he had at BHA, Dobbie won us 2 points v Peterboro and argubably 1 v Wolves. ( Could be useful in the final count-up ) How many more could he have won us. To suggest he is the worst signing in a decade is laughable and shows absolutely no appreciation of the game.
I wish him well for the future but consider it a mistake to have let him go to a rival. We could regret it.

Gus is not, despite what some may think, an idiot. If Dobbie had trained well, shown the right attitude, looked like he cared, broken sweat at any point, he'd have been given the chance that you seem to think should have been his by right as he'd done well elsewhere.

He shuffled about, sulking and looking bored. He was probably the same in training.

We paid a lot of money for him, and by all accounts, his wages were high. WE deserved better and he wasn't prepared to give it to us.

Good riddance.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Paul Kitson / Jason Dodd / Dave Cameron

don't know if they were within the last 10 years but they all still make my shit itch!!!!!!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It makes me so angry that we are the only club in the history of the world to make bad signings while we search for the cheap gems we have had to sustain ourselves on over the last ten years. Sort it out Gus!!!!!!!!!

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lets be fair....we have had a fair few, especially in the early days at Withers
Could put a complete team together........starting with Graeme Smith!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A bit unfair to single out Kitson - he was injured rather than a poor player. Why not mention Dean Blackwell or Jason Dodd if you want to pick on people for being sicknotes?

I think that, as people have mentioned, the Adams Mk2 era was a real spell of appalling players: Kevin McLeod particularly comes to mind. And who signed Jonny Dixon? He was truly gash.

I think it was than a decade ago but Geoff Pitcher was someone we spent a lot of money on and who did cock-all. And what was the name of that useless winger from the same period - got a lot of games but did very little - something Lee?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Turienzo by a fair distance.

Yep. Even one of Albion's backroom team once told me it was a standing joke in the end & that they used to ask him who it really was in the video they'd seen before he signed. The bloke was barely a footballer. Talking of which, Mark McCammon. People like Dobbie shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. Showed some class touches - just didn't work out here, but didn't get much of a chance in his proper position either.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yep. Even one of Albion's backroom team once told me it was a standing joke in the end & that they used to ask him who it really was in the video they'd seen before he signed. The bloke was barely a footballer.

The thing was that he played in a friendly at Lewes and did f*** all that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here