Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our worst signing of the last decade

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
More that didn't meet the expectation levels, therefore I count as bad signings.

Gavin Hoyte. RUBBISH.
Joe O'ceurailsislsl
Robbie Savage. HUGE wages. pontless time to sign him.
Paul Kitson (just sneaks in the decade?)
Stuart Fleetwood. Had excellent reputation.
Liam Dickenson was just a ridiculous dissappointment in my view.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Colin "Hooter" Hawkins scored an amazing goal at Withdean, shame it was an OG!

More than 10 years ago I know but I give you Jason Peake, £150,000 and the only goal I
remember him scoring, bounced in off his arse!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
from memory, adams signed livermore, mcleod, virgo and hawkins in the summer (and about 70 players on loan or short term deals throughout the season) and i was excited by all 4 of them....they all turned out to be fairly disappointing

Well remembered. Adams mkII really was a vintage era for dross players, I never was good at remembering players but even the stattos would struggle with naming all the players. I seem to recall Mendoza telling me that we played 46 players in midfield positions in one season, Virgo played everywhere but in goal. And Slade's first game in charge away at Orient. Fraser and El-Abd were the only non-loanees (I might have that wrong, I was a mess at that game).

Mention in dispatches, for a Wilkins signing - Nathan Elder. He didn't get much of a chance but that Piss Pot Trophy game for his swan song was one of the worst performances by an Albion forward I've ever seen. So bad, it was comical.

dizzy_V

Aug 7, 2011
Hove
More that didn't meet the expectation levels, therefore I count as bad signings.

Gavin Hoyte. RUBBISH.
Joe O'ceurailsislsl
Robbie Savage. HUGE wages. pontless time to sign him.
Paul Kitson (just sneaks in the decade?)
Stuart Fleetwood. Had excellent reputation.
Liam Dickenson was just a ridiculous dissappointment in my view.

Spot on with Liam Dickenson. I was really looking forward to seeing him play. What a disappointment

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Craig Davies.

I've never seen a striker miss so many chances although to be fair he got into the positions to create them. The fact that he's scored plenty in the Championship with Barnsley shows he's not a bad player but like CMS, it just hasn't worked out here.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Smith is playing for Partick thistle, scored an own goal on his debut.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No, just another player who IMO has not been given a fair run in the side to show what he can do along with Vincelot, Sparrow and Hoskins.

I'm Gus' biggest fan but I do think he's been a little unfair on Dobbie this season and the other three last season and this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paul Kitson for me. Sunk nearly our entire available playing budget into him, only for him to go sick note.

Not saying he was a bad player. He scored at Reading. It was just that all our hopes were on him to help keep us up.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The OP has let himself down very badly with this thread.
1) Dobbie is a good player with a good pedigree.
2) Dobbie has been given little or no chance at this club.
3) Dobbie will prove he is a good player elsewhere.
I would suggest that the OP lets us know how minutes he has seen Dobbie play this season and whether that is fair to judge the player on. Would the OP agree that the manager could have used Dobbie more when certain players were struggling and yet the manager perservered with these players, costing us points in the process.
In the tiny amount of game time he had at BHA, Dobbie won us 2 points v Peterboro and argubably 1 v Wolves. ( Could be useful in the final count-up ) How many more could he have won us. To suggest he is the worst signing in a decade is laughable and shows absolutely no appreciation of the game.
I wish him well for the future but consider it a mistake to have let him go to a rival. We could regret it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
3 pages and no mention of Mark McCammon or Sam Vokes?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
The OP has let himself down very badly with this thread.
1) Dobbie is a good player with a good pedigree.
2) Dobbie has been given little or no chance at this club.
3) Dobbie will prove he is a good player elsewhere.
I would suggest that the OP lets us know how minutes he has seen Dobbie play this season and whether that is fair to judge the player on. Would the OP agree that the manager could have used Dobbie more when certain players were struggling and yet the manager perservered with these players, costing us points in the process.
In the tiny amount of game time he had at BHA, Dobbie won us 2 points v Peterboro and argubably 1 v Wolves. ( Could be useful in the final count-up ) How many more could he have won us. To suggest he is the worst signing in a decade is laughable and shows absolutely no appreciation of the game.
I wish him well for the future but consider it a mistake to have let him go to a rival. We could regret it.

Dobbie has got to be one of the biggest disappointments ever - came with a big reputation but failed to deliver and when he got a run in the side he was a big let down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here