Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our worst performance of the season

Our worst performance 2020/21 (to date)

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed and what worries me the most is that we could very easily not get another point this season. Last night's display was truly depressing.
Doubt it.

In Hindsight it was pretty predictable. We are always rubbish against sheff utd.

However

we are usually good against Leeds,wolves,West ham and Arsenal!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agreed and what worries me the most is that we could very easily not get another point this season. Last night's display was truly depressing.

I’m worried but think we’ll be ok. Leeds will be a more open game, great chance for some points.

home game v sheff utd scrapping a draw against ten men yes tonight was total and utter dog shit but that game was worse

Agree with that. Also the Southampton game just before that was also terrible, the two games we could watch this season. I maintain that Potter is a very lucky man that there have been mostly no fans at the Amex this season, could have changed sentiment a lot

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
That was a really big booboo by us. I can see Fulham picking up some points from their remaining games and while I think we'll just about stay up, our boys are gonna make it bloody uncomfortable for us.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I did consider adding Leicester (and Arsenal for that matter) but honestly I don't think there's any real shame in being outclassed by that Leicester team at the moment.

The two games we played them since the 3-0 we've been the better team (albeit with the same typical Brighton result)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, worst result is more appropriate. I still don't think we played really badly in many games this season, only Leicester when they utterly thrashed us in the first half and Wolves where they did the same.

This is the problem for me, even against Sheffield United, I didn't think we deserved to lose. We did though because of a defensive lapse and our characteristic awful finishing.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Against the mega expensive Leicester team, we were outclassed from start to finish.

Tonight was worse, due to the low budget opposition.

Appreciate the comment about Leicester's squad but I would still go for that game, we were diabolical regardless of the opposition. We played well below the level we are/were capable off whereas some of the games in this poll we did play well and the level we would expect but just couldn't score.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is the problem for me, even against Sheffield United, I didn't think we deserved to lose. We did though because of a defensive lapse and our characteristic awful finishing.

The fact that its a recurring theme in the majority of our games is the problem.

we move on and learn from this . . .do we ****.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We were abject and deserved to lose in both the West Brom home game and the Sheffield United home game.

I think perhaps worse than either of the away losses, we weren't entertaining at all. The West Brom game was the worst though, we got away with it because of a comical own goal. They should've won by at least 2 goals. Whilst Sheffield United's point tally has been pathetic this season, its clear to see that they can still play football at this level, they just can't score.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Agree with that. Also the Southampton game just before that was also terrible, the two games we could watch this season. I maintain that Potter is a very lucky man that there have been mostly no fans at the Amex this season, could have changed sentiment a lot

Me too.

I was at those games as well although we were robbed in the Saints game. So a bit of sympathy there.

The 1-1 home draw against 10 men was abysmal - we were absolutely shocking. No other words to describe it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First game against Leicester was pretty poor, esp 1st half

None of the games above we were poor for the whole game, just didn't take chances. Usual story...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
First game against Leicester was pretty poor, esp 1st half

None of the games above we were poor for the whole game, just didn't take chances. Usual story...

It's true, we've not been poor for a whole 90 minutes this season (maybe Newport)

Though we've not been good enough times over a whole match either

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
basically we're bang average then.

we're slowly getting used to it, but I think I'd prefer a balls out season followed by relagation than perpetual mediocrity and frustration.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
When you look at that list it really makes you question whether there's much point in following football at this level. Realistically, you're hoping for a good game 1 in 10 from your team. From our team, we get plenty of garbage performances like Saturday night. We've had 1 in 3 dreadful matches which are instantly forgotten and depressing to recall. What a lost season, let's hope next season is better with fans in the stadiums.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When you look at that list it really makes you question whether there's much point in following football at this level. Realistically, you're hoping for a good game 1 in 10 from your team. From our team, we get plenty of garbage performances like Saturday night. We've had 1 in 3 dreadful matches which are instantly forgotten and depressing to recall. What a lost season, let's hope next season is better with fans in the stadiums.

When you say ‘garbage performances’ and ‘dreadful matches’, do you mean ‘results’ or are you conflating the three into one depressing experience?

Finishing aside, we’re looking at about 6 garbage 90min performances from 33 games in my opinion with tons of examples of brilliant and entertaining play.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
When you say ‘garbage performances’ and ‘dreadful matches’, do you mean ‘results’ or are you conflating the three into one depressing experience?

Finishing aside, we’re looking at about 6 garbage 90min performances from 33 games in my opinion with tons of examples of brilliant and entertaining play.

I haven't enjoyed watching this team play much this season. Maybe it's because we're stuck at home rather than being at the matches themselves. There have been moments in matches where we've been good but to suggest there's been "tons of examples of brilliant and entertaining play" is generous in the extreme in my opinion. I haven't been entertained by our football. It hasn't been a good season for football but there are mitigating circumstances and I'm looking forward to getting back to the stadiums for next season.

This season will be quickly forgotten, get over the line and stay up. That's all that matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here