Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Worst Ever Manager

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Jimmy Case will always be an Albion playing legend. However, he was appointed as a popularity pawn by the bord and was absolutely woeful as a manager. I will always remember him in midfield, not in the managers coat.

How anyone can say that a manager like Barry Lloyd was our worst ever is beyond me. A promotion and coming within a whisker of attaining top flight football, playing attractive football and making a £400k profit on Mike Small and £250,000 on Johnny Byrne in less than a year is hardly failure.

case was appointed because he was the only one of the coaching team that Bellotti had left. Brady and Ryan were a team and as Brady resigned so Ryan got the boot and went back to run the Witch Inn, leacing Case as the only one left. He obviously needed the job and so took it on. which lets face it no one else was going to do

although his management was a shambles at the end I can't find it in my heart to blame him too much - the whole club was in meltdown at the time and he was just unfortunate to stuck in the middle.

And as a player he was top notch.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here