Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Supporters sounded amazing tonight credit to the club

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ok thanks for clearing that up, it was the Portsmouth bit I was more interested in.
Cringeworthy springs to mind, I bet the Bournemouth fans were really upset by that :facepalm:

Such a shit chant and the one about wanting to go home.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Ok thanks for clearing that up, it was the Portsmouth bit I was more interested in.
Cringeworthy springs to mind, I bet the Bournemouth fans were really upset by that :facepalm:

To my left it sounded like they were singing 'small town in Boscombe' which was then picked up to my right as 'small town in Pompey'. So we must have had three concurrent versions going if someone else was doing 'small town near Porrtmsouth'. I think we ought to try it with harmonies and stuff next year. Make a choral work of it. If Bournemouth manage to stay up that is.

Definitely agree that it's a damn silly song though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was so proud to be part of it, (sounds silly) but I just want to be part of it again and again. Was so amazing. I'm so happy to be part of the club. :albion2:
Fair play to you and I know exactly how you feel. I used to love away games too when I were a lad back in the 1970s. Don't forget though that one of the reasons it's so good is you're with (I'll probably get shot down for this) other 'good' fans all grouped together. At the Amex you're scattered all over the place.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If it was the fat plum in the dirty grey jogging bottoms, then he got chucked out lol.

He probably had a semi thinking about which Brighton fan might fancy him. Although even if you are camp Clive from kemp town, he's not worth a go. Must be so boring an sad trying to act like a homophobic west ham fan in the boring suburbs of a town like bournemouth, zzzz

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To my left it sounded like they were singing 'small town in Boscombe' which was then picked up to my right as 'small town in Pompey'. So we must have had three concurrent versions going if someone else was doing 'small town near Porrtmsouth'. I think we ought to try it with harmonies and stuff next year. Make a choral work of it. If Bournemouth manage to stay up that is.

Definitely agree that it's a damn silly song though.

:lolol: even worse than I thought, you couldn't make it up!!

If 'small town in Boscombe' was heard I wonder what genius thought that one up:facepalm:
It's like away fans singing to us ' small town in Hove '

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Fair play to you and I know exactly how you feel. I used to love away games too when I were a lad back in the 1970s. Don't forget though that one of the reasons it's so good is you're with (I'll probably get shot down for this) other 'good' fans all grouped together. At the Amex you're scattered all over the place.

I totally agree that when we are all together it's an amazing atmosphere. Shame this can not happen at the Amex. Plus everyone was great (our fans)
I would love for someone from the club high up to recognise this and act on it and actually allow for other to congregate together. But that's me being wishful thinking.
It was very surreal in the 2nd half because we just did not stop singing. I could go on for ages writing about it, it was just amazing and now I realise just how good our fans are.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not sure if already mentioned, but did you notice Baldock 'giving it' to the Albion fans after his goal, and did you notice his petulant 'get off me' outburst against his team mates at the end of his celebration?..... made me think he was not a happy bunny.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Never mind eh. I don't think small town near Southampton would have fitted in very well. Lighten up.
The trait seems to be to knock every song that is sung, which is why the home support is pretty dire. Seems to me that the fans complaining were not there, meanwhile those that were just got behind the team, took the goading from the B'Muff fans, and gave a bit back. Yep, probably was a bit of a poor chant, just banter that most got caught up in, non swearing and the sort of banter heard at every ground.....although not for some precious BHA fans watching or listening to it seems.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure if already mentioned, but did you notice Baldock 'giving it' to the Albion fans after his goal, and did you notice his petulant 'get off me' outburst against his team mates at the end of his celebration?..... made me think he was not a happy bunny.
Frustrated but relieved would be the awnser....I know Baldock is a quality striker,sadly our system isn't Upto the strengths of our strikers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
" town full of care homes,
You're just a town full of care homes"
Etc

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never mind eh. I don't think small town near Southampton would have fitted in very well. Lighten up.
The trait seems to be to knock every song that is sung, which is why the home support is pretty dire. Seems to me that the fans complaining were not there, meanwhile those that were just got behind the team, took the goading from the B'Muff fans, and gave a bit back. Yep, probably was a bit of a poor chant, just banter that most got caught up in, non swearing and the sort of banter heard at every ground.....although not for some precious BHA fans watching or listening to it seems.

Sorry Soulman I think this has gone over your head a little, nothing wrong with banter and everyone singing some decent songs, but I just don't think this one worked.
I can just imagine the Bournemouth fans having a good laugh at our expense :)
We had ' small town near Arsenal' the other night at Spurs.

As for lighten up, I was taking the piss, just a little :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here