Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our striker situation is abysmal.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Not going to trawl through all the posts but hopefully this will give CH a chance on Weds to play COG and Baldock up front as a pair and I pray it works that way as they are both suited to these roles and surely its why we bought them ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
have to say i agree. CMS should be nowhere near the side, colunga should be where CH insists on playing Baldock and either COG or Baldock should be in the middle or maybe.....both!

Sounds good but I really think we should let the COG return to his beloved North, he is clearly a fish out of water and can't deal with being away from his family. The CMS should, in my opinion, be a makeweight in a deal for some quality League One talent such as Dele Alli. Bring in Ameobi or similar to replace the COG and spend some Ulloa cash on a proper striker from somewhere. Clunge is fine on the left, we must give Baldock a run of games upfront to see if he can perform.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had a listen to the Brentford Beesotted Fanzine Podcast this morning. One common theme among their fans - "Brighton are very lightweight up front". Says it all really.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Sounds good but I really think we should let the COG return to his beloved North, he is clearly a fish out of water and can't deal with being away from his family. The CMS should, in my opinion, be a makeweight in a deal for some quality League One talent such as Dele Alli. Bring in Ameobi or similar to replace the COG and spend some Ulloa cash on a proper striker from somewhere. Clunge is fine on the left, we must give Baldock a run of games upfront to see if he can perform.

yes i agree

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wouldn't be at all fussed if all 4 left. The only one in recent weeks who's looked somewhat up to it is COG, but personal issues make it seem like he'll be heading back up north.

It's a real shame that someone like Vaz Te couldn't be brought in. He's EXACTLY what we need in that he can play anywhere in a front 3. Whereas what we've done is sign strikers who come alive in the 6 yard box (Baldock/CMS/Colunga) and told them to do a job on the wing.

We need a 6ft+ striker who can get 20 goals a season. That's the only way that 1 out and out striker works... Martin at Derby, Murray at Palace, Deeney at Watford. The alternative is 2 strikers who both chip in, Wilson/Pitman/Kermogant at Bournemouth, Kike/Vossen/Tomlin at 'Boro, and Murphy/McGoldrick at Ipswich.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is absolutely dire. Thankfully Burke has been given the heave ho and Hughton has some people in mind.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Akinfenwa at Wimbledon could do a job

Akinfenwa might be able to do it for Wimbledon, but really can't see him being able to take the step up and do it at Championship level, especially for Brighton if Hughtons plan is to often play on the counter.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Top post.
And even Ulloa had many poor games - sulking as refs correctly ignored his whinging as centrehalves outmuscled him.
Is the major failing of Poyet, then Burke, in the Amex player recruitment era.

I have said this in another thread, why don't we try & get Ulloa on loan?
If you don't ask you don't get.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
Akinfenwa might be able to do it for Wimbledon, but really can't see him being able to take the step up and do it at Championship level, especially for Brighton if Hughtons plan is to often play on the counter.

I thought he looked ok against Liverpool the other week

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Personally I'd like to see us try to build a forward partnership. I realise that football has changed and having two strikers on the pitch is a rarity, but I still think it could be effective today. I am too young to remember Ward and Mellor, but Nelson and Bremner, Byrne and Small were great to watch.

Perhaps Ameobi and Baldock if the rumours turn out to be correct?

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here