Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Squad

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Poor ?? ..... best squad I have seen at the albion in the 40 years I have been supporting them
?? .....
So you didn't watch the team that did make it to the 1st division which is now the premiershite ... Ward doesn't register or Nobby, Lawrenson, Stevens, Ritchie , Robinson .. this present squad isn't a patch on them ...... Maybe the Pig and sicknote if he was fit would have made that squad but as yet the others are still below that standard

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
to all my critics please supply an answer. Last night we looked like we wouldn't score even if the game went on for another hour so out of our existing fit players who could Gus have had on the bench and brought on to unlock this very efficient defensive formation and how would they have done it.

You mean other than hitting the bar and post in the last 30 seconds? Do you go the games or just make them up in your head?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Poor ?? ..... best squad I have seen at the albion in the 40 years I have been supporting them
?? .....
So you didn't watch the team that did make it to the 1st division which is now the premiershite ... Ward doesn't register or Nobby, Lawrenson, Stevens, Ritchie , Robinson .. this present squad isn't a patch on them ...... Maybe the Pig and sicknote if he was fit would have made that squad but as yet the others are still below that standard
You're talking about 11 players, [MENTION=22902]happygull[/MENTION] is talking, with the rest of us, about the current squad and depth therein.

I don't believe NSC has come to any consensus about which starting 11 is bestest, but it's pretty unanimous that our current SQUAD is the bestest SQUAD of players assembled at the Albion.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You're talking about 11 players, [MENTION=22902]happygull[/MENTION] is talking, with the rest of us, about the current squad and depth therein.

I don't believe NSC has come to any consensus about which starting 11 is bestest, but it's pretty unanimous that our current SQUAD is the bestest SQUAD of players assembled at the Albion.

Not at the moment its not the squad of 79 emulates anything this lot have achieved, our present lot still have a bit to prove and only time will tell. The team of 79 would murder the present team

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No million for Noone then maybe no Orlandi or Lopez. At least they can cross the ball.

Didnt Gus say that the transfer kitty and the wages kitty are seperate pots and one cannot be used for the other so on that assumption whether we sold Noone or not Orlandi and Lopez were destined to come in unless you re suggesting that the wages paid to Noone covers most of both of their wages

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Probably already been said, not sure how you can class our squad as poor. 100 + international caps between them & god knows how many Champs League/Prem League/La Liga games! Far from poor me thinks? To be fair, with that lot we probably should be top though :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably already been said, not sure how you can class our squad as poor. 100 + international caps between them & god knows how many Champs League/Prem League/La Liga games! Far from poor me thinks? To be fair, with that lot we probably should be top though :)

I have already said the starting XI is brilliant but there is no back up hence the term a weak SQUAD.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I have already said the starting XI is brilliant but there is no back up hence the term a weak SQUAD.

Sorry BG, we had three players on the bench last night with Prem experience! At Forest on Saturday we had a player on the bench with 38 Spanish caps, granted a few years ago. We're not Man U or Man City are we? We can't afford two sets of 11 first team players can we? IMO we have one of the best squads in the Championship! Agin, just my opinion :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry BG, we had three players on the bench last night with Prem experience! At Forest on Saturday we had a player on the bench with 38 Spanish caps, granted a few years ago. We're not Man U or Man City are we? We can't afford two sets of 11 first team players can we? IMO we have one of the best squads in the Championship! Agin, just my opinion :)
Not including those that are sick in the leg, or head.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
a few spiteful and revisionist types appeared wow, EVERYBODY thought Noone was a lovely bloke, that's cos he is.
But I think you're confusing that respect for the bloke as appreciation of the player.

The Emperor wasn't wearing any clothes, which is why he only started 5 games from December onwards.

But if us FEW :wink: are being revisionists then so be it.

Not at all. Noone (before the boots flew in by a vocal and spiteful few, since he left) was generally rated as a player, PL bound Malkay Mackay obviously thought so, and few thought Cardiff were mugs for shelling out £1m.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Brilliant is over stating it.

Calderon was repeatedly destroyed by their unknown left winger,
Greer was sound,
LuaLua :lol:

Not yet. Investment in the next transfer window hopefully will take us further, but then do Upson, Lopez and Bridge want to stay and can we afford them?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didnt Gus say that the transfer kitty and the wages kitty are seperate pots and one cannot be used for the other so on that assumption whether we sold Noone or not Orlandi and Lopez were destined to come in unless you re suggesting that the wages paid to Noone covers most of both of their wages

I think that was debated on here recently BG and the club had reviewed that policy. I'm not going to go looking for it but I think the pot is one now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all. Noone (before the boots flew in by a vocal and spiteful few, since he left) was generally rated as a player, PL bound Malkay Mackay obviously thought so, and few thought Cardiff were mugs for shelling out £1m.

There is no way I was in the minority.
I thought £1m+ represented excellent business and judging by his demise from a 'bad' team Mackay may well be asking questions too.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Orlandi and to an extent Hammond (not his biggest fan but he was an improvement at Forest.)

To no extent Hammond. It shows how far the team has come on since he left that he now looks very pedestrian where he used to feature heavily.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Brilliant is over stating it.

Calderon was repeatedly destroyed by their unknown left winger,
Greer was sound,
LuaLua :lol:

Not yet. Investment in the next transfer window hopefully will take us further, but then do Upson, Lopez and Bridge want to stay and can we afford them?

Greer sound? Except when their unknown centre forward mugged him and shot just over in the first half, best chance they had! U got seagulls player? Watch the highlights, Greer is two bob, thank god for Upson. As always, just my opinion :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here