Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our run in

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't want to be another to say "We're already up", or any other nonsense like that, but it really feels like the footballing powers are smiling down on us this season.

On getting the fixture list pre-season, I remember seeing Norwich and Aston Villa comprising our final 2 away games, and thinking "here we go again". Even though I suspected Villa might struggle, both teams have unquestionably underperformed.

We have a tricky patch (or two) coming up, but if we can get to and still maintain a lead, this is our final 8 games (just after Derby & Leeds);

v Blackburn - HOME
v Birmingham - HOME
v QPR - AWAY
v Wolves - AWAY
v Wigan - HOME
v Norwich - AWAY
v Bristol City - HOME
v Aston Villa - AWAY

Now I am NOT counting any chickens, but it could be worse, couldn't it? No top 6 rivals whatsoever, barring a mad run from someone...

Even the most pessimistic amongst us at the moment would like to think there are 12 points that are achievable out of 24 add that too our 57 at the moment then add that to a conservative and very do able 1.50 points per game for the middle 12 games = 18 points so we should get at the very least 87 points and thats being conservative.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not wanting to tempt fate last season, I tip-toed around everything I said and posted. I didn't dare believe.

But I've realised, it doesn't matter one bit whether we, the fans say "we're taking one game at a time", it doesn't matter how much you deserve it, how shrewd you've been in the transfer market, how dignified your fans are or what colour underpants you wear. The feeling of losing is the same whether you've been screaming it from the beginning of the season. It changes nothing.

So bollocks to it. Look at that league table. LOOK at it. This season, we ARE clearly one of the two best teams in the league. We've proved we can carve out a result against any the best of them. We ARE fantastic and the league table at the end of January shows that.

Let's stop pussyfooting around this whole "I won't believe it til it's here" nonsense.

We're going up. And we're going up COMFORTABLY.

.....Ban?

I've been saying it for a while and genuinely started to believe myself after the Birmingham game. As long as the team take it one game at a time, successfully fight off complacency and continue to show the resolve that they have done up until this point, then I am more than happy to get ahead of myself and dream.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leeds' looks quite tough too, on paper at least. Huddersfield not so much.

I'm probably not alone but I would be delighted with two draws there...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There's some tough games in that run in. Suspect only Wigan and Blackburn are games we would expect to win for sure and they may be competing for relegation which may make them harder.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Nothing but wins will do now is probably the way Hughton and the players are thinking. Probably the only acceptable draws are Leeds, Huddersfield and Newcastle.

"Nothing but wins lads, let's go for the record"

I bet he was apoplectic after PNE as we can no longer get to 120.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There's some tough games in that run in. Suspect only Wigan and Blackburn are games we would expect to win for sure and they may be competing for relegation which may make them harder.

ATM, you would have to include Brizzle in that, they just can't get anything, but, they've got an easier game next, Dirty Leeds.:wink:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't be too sure:
Reading were second-from-bottom in the table after four games and a first home win wasn't secured until mid-September. The club were languishing in 16th in November and were 11 points off the pace when they lost 1-0 to Hull on January 21. That proved to be their last home defeat as they won 15 of their last 17 league games which included a 4-2 success at West Ham and 3-1 win at Southampton - the two teams who had occupied the automatic spots for much of the season. (2011/2012)

I really think this is our season but will not believe it until it is mathematically guaranteed!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I believe that tomorrow is psychologically a big game, if we win and go top and be so far clear of 3rd with such a superior goal difference, then promotion must be on as we will also be able use those points as a cushion if we drop the odd points and the others will need to win all of their games.
Win tomorrow and even I will start to believe we can do this.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Is the one and only correct answer.

Totally agree - we just need to concentrate our mental thoughts on being positive about beating Cardiff at this point nothing else matters. Promotion is about the sum of winning individual games not some grand scheme.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think we are nailed on. But any injury to AK or GM will hamper our progress injuries to others can be covered. Not those two

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I just don't like the look of our last six matches-on paper.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The last routine win was QPR 3-0 at home. Since then, Birmingham, Fulham and Sheff Wed are games we could have drawn or lost, Preston we did.

Just think we are getting the run of the green this season. The stars are in the right position concerning BHA ect. To a lesser extent similar to Leicester last season, everything went right in 1 year.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we are due a 4-0 win....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here