Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Players Diving !

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Buonanotte is doing my head in with this diving. It’s pathetic. While he’s rolling around on the floor when play is still going on we’re a man/child down ! I think RDZ needs to have a word. Even enciso did one of the most pathetic over the top dives until he realised we were losing and instantly got up.

Anyway, we didn’t win again, when’s RDZ going to Barcelona and Ferguson to Man Utd ????

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Buonanotte is doing my head in with this diving. It’s pathetic. While he’s rolling around on the floor when play is still going on we’re a man/child down ! I think RDZ needs to have a word. Even enciso did one of the most pathetic over the top dives until he realised we were losing and instantly got up.

Anyway, we didn’t win again, when’s RDZ going to Barcelona and Ferguson to Man Utd ????
Totally agree about the diving. Ferguson going nowhere based on current form.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight

Totally agree. It appears it’s being done to mask the fact that some of our players get shrugged off the ball too easily when the opponent wants to mix it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree. Not good enough.

I want my manager to send a clear message, you dive, you roll about, you won't be in the team.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Buonanotte has been at it for months and months. It's so frustrating to see.

I think what makes it even more irritating is that the players who do this really don't need to. Buonanotte, Fernandes, Neymar was / is terrible for it. Even our old friend Zaha. All players good enough that you don't need the histrionics.

Stay vertical and let your feet do your talking for F sake.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Earlier in the season Buonanotte was rolling about as Milner passed by him. He grabbed his arm and yanked him up. Perhaps it needs more of that from the others to stop it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The thing that most annoys me about it is needlessly being down to 10 men while play is still going on, often with the other side in possession moving towards the final third.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Any mention of Lallana’s dive on Saturday (worst I’ve seen live)?

I'd even argue that Facundo isn't diving. He's being fouled and making a meal out of it. As the BBC commentary noted last night, he's back up every time, almost immediately, trying to get on with it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And I would look at Mitomas goal against Wolves earlier this season. Had about 3 chances to go down, stayed on his feet and scored a brilliant goal from nowhere.

Not only does rolling around embarrass our whole club, it's just a dumb thing to do

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really doesn't bother me anymore.

The more Buananotte does it the less impact it has. He will grow out of it.

I find it very amusing when fans and managers of other teams, Moan about us doing it , completely ignoring the fact their own players are doing it throughout the game.

Yes , Sheffield United I'm looking at you

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And I would look at Mitomas goal against Wolves earlier this season. Had about 3 chances to go down, stayed on his feet and scored a brilliant goal from nowhere.

Not only does rolling around embarrass our whole club, it's just a dumb thing to do
There is no point Mitoma going down, he rarely gets awarded a freekick or penalty.
Even when he gets assaulted the ref only awards a yellow.

There seems to be an unfair view by most PGMOL officials , that Mitoma exaggerates contact

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
What's more concerning to me is that the opposition seem to be able to make foul after foul against us, breaking up play, before they pick up a yellow. I'm thinking Sarabea yesterday.
Fati and Enciso were frequently dumped on the ground...maybe not a studs follow through but still taken out.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Is it really that big a deal?

And if we're happy to watch these talented South American players week in week out then you will have to accept it as it is very much part of the culture they grow up in. And to be honest is now embedded in youth football in this country.
Exactly. I see the opposition doing it all the time to us. Our guys just trying to even things up... not a problem for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here