Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our passing today

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Same old same old. It’s supposed to be entertainment featuring GOALS and yet we don’t even shoot let alone witness GOALS. Spare me the long term bolllcks, that doesn’t exist in football. It’s now or tomorrow. We need to score GOALS to stop ourselves dying from boredom let alone stay up. We’re just so incredibly DULL. And I for one am not going to sit back all content because we simply prevented another team from scoring. GOALS. I want to see some ****ing GOALS from my team. Yet not one player, let alone two or three, in a professional squad of ‘elite’ players can do this. It’s nothing short of embarrassing. And boring as hell to watch. No other team is as predictable as us. If you’re a gambler (I’m not) the you should be living in a Manor House by now it’s so easy. You need shooting if you’ve not cleaned up recently. Get all your money and stick it on Brighton & Nil Albion.

Patience!

this season is about staying up.
What yesterday's game showed us, is we have progressed significantly from last season.
we lost home and away against Newcastle last year and frankly didn't look like we believed we could beat them.

Chris has patiently improved our squad year on year since he's been with us.
It took just 1 and a half seasons before we became the best team in the championship.
And by God we were great to watch last season!

Tony and Chris both want to build a sustainable future for our club. This will inevitably lead to a defensive first season, where the aim is to stay up.
But if we do, this will start to prove to perspective new players that we are a club worth signing for.

It's going to take time, but we are already further ahead than I thought we'd be.

el punal

Watched a stream. We just don’t look confident in front of goal, so many sideways passes instead of having a go. The trouble is that if you do have a go and miss, the other players will say that you should’ve passed to them. Confidence levels need to be better to help with this issue.

Well I was at St. James' Park yesterday and what you say just about nails it on the head. We were so dominant in all areas except in front of goal. It was almost a case of we've done the hard bit - now what? I was hoping that with all the dominance but no firepower that Hughton would bring on Izquierdo as a different option - run at the opposition and shoot on sight. A bit simplistic I admit, but it could have turned one point gained into three.

One thing is for sure, we desperately need to buy a new striker in the January transfer window.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mike Bailey anyone?!

Should never have been made to change the style of play, we were competitive and getting outstanding results under his management. If he had been allowed to manage and Bamber had seen that lower crowds was across all football not just the Albion, we could (would) have enjoyed a much longer stay in the top division.

And who can forget the sheer joy and celebration at Old Trafford under Bailey when we completed 50 back passes to the keeper in the first half alone.

Defensive football at its best, which would not have been old of place in the Italian league

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Between us and Bournemouth we broke the attempts at goal in a premier league game record today!! What was that about us being so defensive? ha ha as last season proved Hughton is good at changing our play to suit what he thinks is best for us in each individual game. The finer points can only be executed by the players on the pitch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our passing today was sometimes sublime (see the Jose attempt from the Gross pass). We showed some fantastic skill on the ball at times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy's pass to Suttner who's control and movement to set up the first goal was poetry in motion. .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Between us and Bournemouth we broke the attempts at goal in a premier league game record today!! What was that about us being so defensive? ha ha as last season proved Hughton is good at changing our play to suit what he thinks is best for us in each individual game. The finer points can only be executed by the players on the pitch.
Ridiculous and dangerous nonsense.

Go to your room and write out 100 times "Houghton is too negative and has no Plan B" ...

... then you can come back and join in with the rest of us on NSC.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Agree with the point you're making, but where does this stat come from? The BBC website has shots at 15 & 26 = 41. Well below the 52 back in 2014 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2855748/QPR-s-win-Leicester-featured-incredible-52-shots-goal-setting-new-Premier-League-record.html, and this may have been surpassed since?

Maybe the 41 was the most this season?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here