One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Also discussed yesterday.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To be fair.... He only has six months left on his contract and they offered him a 1 year extension on the same wages. Most players would want out after that.

Most players wouldn’t down tools. And most players could get a move if another team was willing to pay the absolute lowest transfer fee possible for a player of his CALIBER.

Imagine what he must think about us btw 😂

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I see Alex Pritchard has now decided that Sunderland aren’t big enough for him and declined to make himself available for their 3-1 victory over Stoke.

Call me small-minded and vindictive but I can’t help enjoying every mis-step in his long and frustrating career outside the top flight.

But I suppose in a way we have to be grateful that he took the wrong turning off the M25 that fateful day because otherwise we might not have signed Pascal Gross …
Aah... I am with you there. That is a guilty, petty pleasure for me too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I look back at the whole Pritchard episode very fondly as nothing really epitomises the rise and rise of the Albion more than this.

I mean Norwich have been a sizeable provincial club consistently for a number of years. Their gates always held up well in the dark years of the 80s, they had a European adventure in the 90s, and except for one season have spent their time bouncing between the top two divisions for 63 years now. Frankly, while we always had potential to be like them, they are historically a much bigger club than us, and clearly that is why Pritchard made that fateful decision. So it is funny to think just a few years on from Pritchard-gate that anyone would choose Norwich over us. They clearly wouldn't. In many ways the whole Pritchard affair just shows how under Bloom, this club has finally reached the potential it always had.

So I'll never dislike Pritchard for his poor decision to let the Albion down (this sort of thing must happen quite often in truth). I've thoroughly enjoyed watching his career peter-out aimlessly while we have risen to the point where we beef with clubs like Villa, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and even Man Utd for two successive seasons now.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Please, please come to the Amex on deadline day.

Peter.jpg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We should call him down to Brighton with a big contract offer, and then when he gets half way Tony rings him saying ''Actually mate, we've had a think about it, & there's better players out there. You should head back to Sunderland''.
Let the twit get to the A27 and then make the call ‘for footballing reasons Alex we aren’t going to sign you’

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was a joy singing "Pritchard, Pritchard what's the score?" at the Norwich match at the Amex with Pritchard playing for them and we beat them (I think 5-1).
It was actually 5-0 - don’t give him any credit!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I look back at the whole Pritchard episode very fondly as nothing really epitomises the rise and rise of the Albion more than this.

I mean Norwich have been a sizeable provincial club consistently for a number of years. Their gates always held up well in the dark years of the 80s, they had a European adventure in the 90s, and except for one season have spent their time bouncing between the top two divisions for 63 years now. Frankly, while we always had potential to be like them, they are historically a much bigger club than us, and clearly that is why Pritchard made that fateful decision. So it is funny to think just a few years on from Pritchard-gate that anyone would choose Norwich over us. They clearly wouldn't. In many ways the whole Pritchard affair just shows how under Bloom, this club has finally reached the potential it always had.

So I'll never dislike Pritchard for his poor decision to let the Albion down (this sort of thing must happen quite often in truth). I've thoroughly enjoyed watching his career peter-out aimlessly while we have risen to the point where we beef with clubs like Villa, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and even Man Utd for two successive seasons now.
F all to do with Norwich's history over ours; far more to do with the fact that they'd just been relegated and were in receipt of parachute payments which alone were worth about 2x our annual matchday income.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I do recall that after we massacred Norwich, the failed signing was walking away (didnt take the team coach) with his erstwhile good lady. As the north stand drinkers saw them walk by, they were spontaneously serenaded (think lady and the tramp....only more like sneaky little twerp and tramp). She didnt see the funny side and decided to make some hand gestures, presumably to indicate how often he made a successful completed pass that day).

If they are still together. I wonder if she enjoyed Sunderland?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
The Blues have their training ground nowadays in beautiful Henley-in-Arden, got to be an upgrade from Sunderland!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here