Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our old chum Alex Pritchard

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I see Alex Pritchard has now decided that Sunderland aren’t big enough for him and declined to make himself available for their 3-1 victory over Stoke.

Call me small-minded and vindictive but I can’t help enjoying every mis-step in his long and frustrating career outside the top flight.

But I suppose in a way we have to be grateful that he took the wrong turning off the M25 that fateful day because otherwise we might not have signed Pascal Gross …

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, what level does he think he should be at then?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I see Alex Pritchard has now decided that Sunderland aren’t big enough for him and declined to make himself available for their 3-1 victory over Stoke.

Call me small-minded and vindictive but I can’t help enjoying every mis-step in his long and frustrating career outside the top flight.

But I suppose in a way we have to be grateful that he took the wrong turning off the M25 that fateful day because otherwise we might not have signed Pascal Gross …
How is his rejection at beginning of 16/17 related to us signing Gross a year later?

I’d say it probably had quite a big effect in terms of our resolve over rejecting Burnley’s offers for Stephens in the same window though.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If he's only got six months left on his contact, they should make him train by himself and fine him the maximum. What a horrendous thing to do when your team are chasing the play-offs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair - at the start of the season under Mowbray he was told he wasn’t part of his plans, played a bit but not as much as previous seasons.

Beale has come in and been unpopular with most of the players already - his contract expires end of the season and seemingly can’t agree a new one.

Unfortunately for Alex he chose to do this on a game they win 3-1 after a run of terrible results which now obviously doesn’t look great, and that is hilarious

SWC

Jun 2, 2016
Sunderland sure know how to pick them, Jack Rodwell during the documentary was outrageous and now Prick-chard is doing the same.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just seen that apparently Birmingham City (with Mowbray !) who had an offer rejected for Pritchard in the week as well !!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The unbridled joy this little twerps career has given me, far, FAR, outweighs anything he could have done on the pitch had he not trundled further round the M25 and headed south at Crawley.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We should call him down to Brighton with a big contract offer, and then when he gets half way Tony rings him saying ''Actually mate, we've had a think about it, & there's better players out there. You should head back to Sunderland''.
Wait until he's on the M25

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
To be fair.... He only has six months left on his contract and they offered him a 1 year extension on the same wages. Most players would want out after that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's surely a "come and get me" plea to the Albion.

It will be good to get this one over the line finally.
We need someone to come and replace the cones when they get knocked out of position in training. Save Lamptey having to do it himself and risk injury over stretching.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Career defining

IMG_3619.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here