Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our ‘new target’

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly this. He’s an ambitious perfectionist rather than a Geography teacher from Solihull.
But Potter has a something-or-other in Emotional Intelligence dontcha know! 🤣

Mad to think what a sliding doors moment Potter leaving to Chelsea is in our history. Potter took us up a few levels for sure from where we were, but absolutely no chance we are anywhere near where we are now if he doesn't leave to Chelsea and is still with us

Imagine Potter on the phone to Fati rather than RDZ? 🤣

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Top 5 gets champions league this season?

It’s not guaranteed. There are two places in next seasons Champions League that go to the two associations with the highest coefficients for the 23-24 season. There is a very high chance one of those places goes to the Premier League but it isn’t certain.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
It’s not guaranteed. There are two places in next seasons Champions League that go to the two associations with the highest coefficients for the 23-24 season. There is a very high chance one of those places goes to the Premier League but it isn’t certain.
I haven't really got my head around how these European football coefficients work but does that mean that the better we do in the Europa League, the higher we push up the coefficients for English teams and the more chance we have of securing a fifth Champions League place for the Premier League? In that case it's a done deal and the rest of the PL clubs can thank us later. :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spot on - up until "we’ll keep all our star boys next summer." No we won't; they'll want to move up to bigger (that's 'bigger', not 'better' BTW) clubs and their agents will want them to move up to treble their wages.
Some will go down the route of, 'Yes, I'll stay for a couple of seasons to repay what the Albion have done for me in developing my career and making me into a multi £million transfer fee player." Others, more influenced by greedy agents or starving siblings wanting a house and a car as well as pudding will go down the "We want the big money move and we want it now! - one more season? No, f*** that!" route.

C'est la vie.
And more importantly we the fans have to accept that is what will happen.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I haven't really got my head around how these European football coefficients work but does that mean that the better we do in the Europa League, the higher we push up the coefficients for English teams and the more chance we have of securing a fifth Champions League place for the Premier League? In that case it's a done deal and the rest of the PL clubs can thank us later. :)
I’m not sure if it’s co-efficient across all 3 UEFA competitions or just in the Champions League performance that counts.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Gilmour was immense but I thought we missed Caceido a lot. There were quite a few times Newcastle had the ball in front of our box in the first half where I was pretty sure Moises would have been making successful turn overs and setting us on our way.
Yeah, we’re still short of a true CDM, as a team we will kick on again once Baleba is integrated and I feel we will see Billy go up another level with a ball winner next to him. Pervis and Joel both stayed very low yesterday to negate any Newcastle counters, once our new Cameroonian is in place I’d expect to see the full backs joining in the attack again.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
But Potter has a something-or-other in Emotional Intelligence dontcha know! 🤣

Mad to think what a sliding doors moment Potter leaving to Chelsea is in our history. Potter took us up a few levels for sure from where we were, but absolutely no chance we are anywhere near where we are now if he doesn't leave to Chelsea and is still with us

Imagine Potter on the phone to Fati rather than RDZ? 🤣
Alright Skip

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Joel Veltman's take on Talksport just now is that a top ten finish with a good run in any of the Cups would be a good season, given the number of matches we'll face. I feel privately they'll aim higher but that's a pretty fair stance in my view.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I think that it'll probably be Champions League and/or silverware.

Personally, I'll take the silverware and hopefully another season in Europe so I can travel more to watch the Albion 🥳

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
- Top 4 EPL finish
- Progress beyond Europa League group stage

would seem to me to be realistic goals.

Anything over and above that would be a bonus.

Not that fussed about domestic trophies, the inevitable best outcome is we finish runners-up to Man City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here