Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our ‘new target’

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
De Zerbi said at his press conference about a ‘new target’ after Fati signed for us.

This HAS to be Champions League. We absolutely can finish in the top 5 this year. And if we can do it we’ll keep all our star boys next summer.
Spot on - up until "we’ll keep all our star boys next summer." No we won't; they'll want to move up to bigger (that's 'bigger', not 'better' BTW) clubs and their agents will want them to move up to treble their wages.
Some will go down the route of, 'Yes, I'll stay for a couple of seasons to repay what the Albion have done for me in developing my career and making me into a multi £million transfer fee player." Others, more influenced by greedy agents or starving siblings wanting a house and a car as well as pudding will go down the "We want the big money move and we want it now! - one more season? No, f*** that!" route.

C'est la vie.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
De Zerbi said at his press conference about a ‘new target’ after Fati signed for us.

This HAS to be Champions League. We absolutely can finish in the top 5 this year. And if we can do it we’ll keep all our star boys next summer.

Sadly I suspect not that simple. In terms of revenue I believe we’re still lower half of the table.

Spot on - up until "we’ll keep all our star boys next summer." No we won't; they'll want to move up to bigger (that's 'bigger', not 'better' BTW) clubs and their agentswill want them to move up to treble their wages.
Some will go down the route of, 'Yes, I'll stay for a couple of seasons to repay what the Albion have done for me in developing my career and making me into a multi £million transfer fee player." Others, more influenced by greedy agents or starving siblings wanting a house and a car as well as pudding will go down the "We want the big money move and we want it now! - one more season? F*** that!" route.

C'est la vie.

I don’t like it, but I’ll have to go along with it. This is the reality.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s that then. Obviously really going for the Sussex Senior Cup this year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
RDZ target is to win every game, though suspect his main target this season is top 4 and win a trophy
Exactly this. He’s an ambitious perfectionist rather than a Geography teacher from Solihull.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Sadly I suspect not that simple. In terms of revenue I believe we’re still lower half of the table.

We'd be top half in revenue if the club could manage to keep enough men's shirts in stock in the online store!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here