Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Mini League

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our games in hand are Newcastle and Man Utd.

The City game will become a game in hand next weekend as it was scheduled to be played the same weekend as the SF.
And how many points would you take from them?! I’d be satisfied with 3 - 4 would be amazing tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The lowest placed of last season's qualifiers for European football.

6th Manchester United - 58 points
7th West Ham United - 56 points

With 49 points on the board already and 9 league games remaining, it's going to be an interesting run-in.
Oh that’s annoying - we’ll surely go over both of those…!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
BHA aren't over-achieving, we're a very good side who should be higher. Brentford have been kept in the run with clinical finishing and excellent goal-keeping.
Brentford are out of the run now - 31 games played. Be interesting to see how it ends up 5th - 8th... it'll be us, spurs, villa and Liverpool very likely but who knows in what order.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spurs next 3:
Newcastle a
Man U h
Liverpool a

I’m officially relegating Chelsea (haha) and adding Spurs to the mix. So it’s now back to 6 teams. Half make Europe, half don’t. (Assuming Manc clubs win cup)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And how many points would you take from them?! I’d be satisfied with 3 - 4 would be amazing tbh.
3-4 would be great any more would be a massive bonus, but we have nothing to fear going into those games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spurs next 3:
Newcastle a
Man U h
Liverpool a

I’m officially relegating Chelsea (haha) and adding Spurs to the mix. So it’s now back to 6 teams. Half make Europe, half don’t. (Assuming Manc clubs win cup)
What if West Ham win the conference?

That's not a rhetorical question, I don't know if we then get an extra place in the Europa, or lose one from the league.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What if West Ham win the conference?

That's not a rhetorical question, I don't know if we then get an extra place in the Europa, or lose one from the league.
Nah doesn’t matter I’m 99% sure.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oh that’s annoying - we’ll surely go over both of those…!
It's not so bad. To go over both of those teams, we'd have to end up with 59 points minimum.

In this scenario, for the teams immediately below us to go above us with 60 points would require the following:

Liverpool - 16 points out of a remaining 27. 5 wins and a draw out of 9 games. Challenging.
Brentford - 17 points out of a remaining 21. 5 wins and 2 draws from 7 games. Extremely unlikely.
Fulham - 18 points out of a remaining 24. 6 wins from 8 games. Very unlikely.
Chelsea - 21 points out of a remaining 21. 7 wins from 7 games. Not going to happen.

It's looking good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not so bad. To go over both of those teams, we'd have to end up with 59 points minimum.

In this scenario, for the teams immediately below us to go above us with 60 points would require the following:

Liverpool - 16 points out of a remaining 27. 5 wins and a draw out of 9 games. Challenging.
Brentford - 17 points out of a remaining 21. 5 wins and 2 draws from 7 games. Extremely unlikely.
Fulham - 18 points out of a remaining 24. 6 wins from 8 games. Very unlikely.
Chelsea - 21 points out of a remaining 21. 7 wins from 7 games. Not going to happen.

It's looking good.
Liverpool will do that imo. But I also think we’ll go over 60. Can see us getting 65 for what it’s worth though!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Liverpool will be pushing surely…

I don’t care if it’s 6th or 7th tbh Europe is Europe!
I mean, I get your point I really do. We've never made Europe so anything is a bonus but - and it's a big one - I wouldn't take 7th now if offered. The conference league is Noddy. Now, if I could get tickets I'm sure I'd be getting some for Danish postmen FC away but I'd rather we hit UEFA. I want to get lucky and score a team with European history and say I was there even if it results in divorce or bankruptcy.

And we're not out of the Champions league spots yet either...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tottenham also well in our 'mini-league' - they're the tow-rags we want to catch (should be ahead of them now but for the PGMOL's determination to stop anyone challenging the cosy status quo).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Liverpool will do that imo. But I also think we’ll go over 60. Can see us getting 65 for what it’s worth though!
The form of Liverpool's last 9 league games? W4, D3 L2. 15 points.

The 9 games before that? W4 D1 L4. 13 points.

And the 9 games before that? W4 D2 L3. 14 points.

Now they should get 16 points from the fixtures with Spurs, Villa, Brentford and Fulham being the only top half sides to face.

By contrast, Villa have Brentford, Fulham, Man United, Spurs, Liverpool and us. 6 top half teams in 7 games, with only 3 at home.

But yes, I hope we end up with more than 60 points. I think 63 and a better GD should be enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The form of Liverpool's last 9 league games? W4, D3 L2. 15 points.

The 9 games before that? W4 D1 L4. 13 points.

And the 9 games before that? W4 D2 L3. 14 points.

Now they should get 16 points from the fixtures with Spurs, Villa, Brentford and Fulham being the only top half sides to face.

By contrast, Villa have Brentford, Fulham, Man United, Spurs, Liverpool and us. 6 top half teams in 7 games, with only 3 at home.

But yes, I hope we end up with more than 60 points. I think 63 and a better GD should be enough.
Let’s aim for 65! It’s a tough lot of fixtures on paper - but so were spurs and Chelsea away and we were comfortably the better side in both…

City at home and Newcastle away are very tough and can see us getting nothing there. But then we’ve played less so…

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let’s aim for 65! It’s a tough lot of fixtures on paper - but so were spurs and Chelsea away and we were comfortably the better side in both…

City at home and Newcastle away are very tough and can see us getting nothing there. But then we’ve played less so…
Let's aim for 76 then. ;)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here