Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Mini League

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s becoming pretty clear now…

We’re in a mini league of 6 teams currently - with 8-10 games to go - top 2 win it and get Europe.

The Teams
Aston Villa
Brighton & Hove Albion
Liverpool
Brentford
Fulham
Chelsea (🤣)

On paper it should always be Liverpool & Chelsea.

In reality, Chelsea are really faltering and could end up out of the league in a few games time.

Villa have been in great form. Have an expensive squad and big budget and also a way of chea… sorry seeing out games once they’re in front

BHAFC have played the least games out of everyone, play arguably the best football, but have to play a lot of games against 12+ men for unknown reasons.

Liverpool are hugely under performing and probably don’t have the drive to get top 7 as it’s simply embarrassing for them in reality. But they have nothing to play for and will put a fair few points on the board.

Brentford are over achieving like BHA. Clinical, decent at home. Slipping a little.

Fulham - same as Brentford but in a bad run and don’t have their main man for most of the season.

Chelsea - the biggest under achievers. Like Liverpool, won’t be bothered about top 7 Europe really but have a manager trying to get the poisoned job full time. Utterly unthinkable for them to be so far down there.

It will be tough - very tough. Liverpool and Villa our main competition how I see it…

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think (hope) it'll be us and Liverpool. Villa are on a rich vein of form currently, but it would be a big ask for them to keep up that level, whereas the rest of the clubs have been in the mix most of the season.

Liverpool will do enough in the end.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think (hope) it'll be us and Liverpool. Villa are on a rich vein of form currently, but it would be a big ask for them to keep up that level, whereas the rest of the clubs have been in the mix most of the season.

Liverpool will do enough in the end.
My worry with that thinking is ‘the season starts now’. They can easily start a bit of a fresh for the last 8 games and take that momentum (Villa). Certainly going to be tight. If we don’t lose Saturday I’ll start to finally believe we’ll finish above Chelsea. Im not overly worried about Brentford or Fulham as I think we’re simply better and Fulham are on a bad run.

Basically all that waffling means it’s us Villa and Liverpool as long as we don’t lose Saturday…!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imho:

Liverpool won’t be in the race. Awaiting a big rebuild this summer, before being able to get away results.
Fulham completely out of it. The anti-football cheats have rightly become also-rans.
Chelsea should escape relegation, just.
Brentford I think will fall away. Unimaginative set piece and direct tactics, no plan B.

Predictions:
5th Spurs
6th Villa
7th Albion

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For me it is all about yesterday and next weekend. Season defining . . . Everything else on average will be normal or average out. .

Having already been cheated, If anything like yesterday happens next Saturday, there will be fire.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Villa have just completed a run of easier fixtures and now start a run of harder fixtures. I hope this slows them up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Villa have just completed a run of easier fixtures and now start a run of harder fixtures. I hope this slows them up.
Yep. Every Villa game from now on sees them dropping points or someone else in the top group dropping points, with the exception of a local derby against Wolves. They have to play Newcastle, Brentford, Fulham, Man U, Wolves, Spurs, Liverpool and us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
10 points ahead of Chelsea with 2 games in hand - they have 7 games left - are they out of it now? That’s mental…

Brentford losing is decent - rather Fulham won than them…

Villa on a role and are a big worry…

Liverpool the other ones that could beat us to 7th+

Huge result - I’m counting Chelsea gone now - so it’s 2 from 5 - Brentford & Fulham next to hopefully go…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it's between us and Villa for 6th and 7th.
Liverpool will be pushing surely…

I don’t care if it’s 6th or 7th tbh Europe is Europe!

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Liverpool have a pretty easy run in - just Spurs and Villa look tricky for them. I think they may finish above us.

Us and Villa have difficult run ins. Last day at Villa Park could be tasty.

Fulham , Brentford and Chelsea have gone - I would be disappointed if any of them overtook us.

Spurs have a difficult run in so we may catch them

I DONT KNOW ! Can we replay the Great White Hart Lane robbery ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The lowest placed of last season's qualifiers for European football.

6th Manchester United - 58 points
7th West Ham United - 56 points

With 49 points on the board already and 9 league games remaining, it's going to be an interesting run-in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s becoming pretty clear now…

We’re in a mini league of 6 teams currently - with 8-10 games to go - top 2 win it and get Europe.

The Teams
Aston Villa
Brighton & Hove Albion
Liverpool
Brentford
Fulham
Chelsea (🤣)

You can remove Chelsea from the list, and add Spurs, and top 3 get into Europe (unless places are taken by cup winners)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Get points from our games in hand(newcastle and city) and we're golden ???
Our games in hand are Newcastle and Man Utd.

The City game will become a game in hand next weekend as it was scheduled to be played the same weekend as the SF.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
BHA aren't over-achieving, we're a very good side who should be higher. Brentford have been kept in the run with clinical finishing and excellent goal-keeping.
No- you’re right. I guess I mean on paper / budgets etc…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here