Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our left-back issues may have been rumbled.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will start with a 4 - 4 -2 formation with Ulloa and Barnes up front and either Buckley or Lopez going wide on the right.

y team based on gfriendly performances would be;

Kuszczak

Brune
El Ad
Upson
Maksimemnko or Calderon

Buckley
Lopez
Orlandi
Bricutt

Ulloa
Barnes

Subs

Brezovan
Greer
Calderon/Maksimenko
Croft
Agustein
March
JFC

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that we will start with a 4 - 4 -2 formation with Ulloa and Barnes up front and either Buckley or Lopez going wide on the right.

y team based on gfriendly performances would be;

Kuszczak

Brune
El Ad
Upson
Maksimemnko or Calderon

Buckley
Lopez
Orlandi
Bricutt

Ulloa
Barnes

Subs

Brezovan
Greer
Calderon/Maksimenko
Croft
Agustein
March
JFC

Is Lua Lua injured then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not thas I know of. I think that March offers a greater threat of the unexpected if brought on against a tiring defence and JFC offers better defensive quality if defending from the midfeld is needed.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You think El Abd will play ahead of Greer? :ohmy:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Greer has looked suspect in the friendlies and would therefore pick El Abd. I would leave Buckley wide to float back or forward thus giving us 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 as needed andi f Buckley is back push Orlandi further forward. The bonus is that if Buckley or Orlandi are having a hard time Lopez can be put out there and Agustein brought on in the centre

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

4-4-2 despite playing all pre season in a 4-3-3 and Oscar saying last night he prefers 1 up top with 2 wide and has been brought up at Barcelona. Ok then

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Don't forget get they've got the 8'10" Mark Smith playing so expect the ball to be coming down with snow on it around our penalty area

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
A work colleague of mine ( based in central Leeds), is an E.R. season ticket holder, his wife works at the club in a medical role of some sort. The rumour is that they are reacting to our perceived weakness at left back, (like last season I guess), and will play both their right sided speedsters at some point on Saturday. Hall and Poleon are lined up to have a go down their right, I hope Oscar has a plan, because this could be a tricky scenario even without their top man Diouf.

Well that's our 1 weakness dealt with. How are they going to deal with their 11 weak spots?:rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will start with a 4 - 4 -2 formation with Ulloa and Barnes up front and either Buckley or Lopez going out wide

I think that makes it into 4-3-3. Based on what OG says about 1 up front the loser could be Barnes but for me that is to attacking away from home but then again who am I to dispute OG

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
4-4-2 despite playing all pre season in a 4-3-3 and Oscar saying last night he prefers 1 up top with 2 wide and has been brought up at Barcelona. Ok then

It is funny when people seemingly
ignore huge chunks of debate and club comment......4-3-3 with two wingers is what he defaults to, barring injuries that is what he will play tomorrow. How far forward the left winger goes is going to be interesting to see, I suspect not too far.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We should be ok for at least a point. Our team is quite simply better than Leeds. If we keep em quiet for the first 20, we'll be fine. Saying that, a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world just like Hull last year, a game we didn't deserve to lose. We may take a while to adapt to OG's tactics, but come September we'll be firing I reckon.

Lets not worry people - We have a fine squad!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should be ok for at least a point. Our team is quite simply better than Leeds. If we keep em quiet for the first 20, we'll be fine. Saying that, a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world just like Hull last year, a game we didn't deserve to lose. We may take a while to adapt to OG's tactics, but come September we'll be firing I reckon.

Lets not worry people - We have a fine squad!

Except. We would have finished ABOVE Hull and hit the Prem jackpot if we had won our first game last season. Otherwise I agree.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Except. We would have finished ABOVE Hull and hit the Prem jackpot if we had won our first game last season. Otherwise I agree.

don't forget the several last minute levellers we conceded...5 was it? Ok we turned the tables at Blackburn, but we blew at least 8 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here