Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our left-back issues may have been rumbled.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chicksen out,.... Naylor indicated Calderon will be LB with Maxi on the bench.

Chicksen has an ankle injury which he sustained in the Villarreal friendly. Calderon is the obvious choice at LB tomorrow. Leeds think they have spotted an Achilles heel , Oscar may use that as a Trojan Horse.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A reliable leftback in the form of Calde should see us through eh. Maximummental on the bench to cover both that position and a centre back crisis and our terrible woes should be avoided.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm more than fine with Calde at LB. He may not be naturally left footed but he's experienced enough to deal with anything Leeds throw at him. I'd also think that whoever is further advanced on the left will double up if needed. Not expecting any problems.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Haven't they got left back problems too? Thought Byron was out?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So, with Burke buying the players and Naylor obviously picking the team what exactly does Oscar do?

I think Andy Naylor was at the pre-match press conference and knows from the horses mouth who is available.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If we are talking about weaknesses then we will attack Leeds down the right, down the left and through the middle.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Calde starts as LB with Greer and Upson in CB then there's a real lack of pace at the back.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ Upson ~ Calderon
Lopez ~ Bridcutt ~ Agustien
Buckley ~ Ulloa ~ Orlandi

Bench: Brezovan, Maksimenko, Barnes, Lualua, March, El-Abd, Forster-Caskey.

That would be my team, but I'm not manag-, I mean, head coach.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ Upson ~ Calderon
Lopez ~ Bridcutt ~ Agustien
Buckley ~ Ulloa ~ Orlandi

Bench: Brezovan, Maksimenko, Barnes, Lualua, March, El-Abd, Forster-Caskey.

That would be my team, but I'm not manag-, I mean, head coach.

I think you're spot on, except it'll be orlandi dropping back into the midfield 3 and barnes on the left up top. I'm sure I saw somewhere agustien isn't match fit yet so won't start.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think you're spot on, except it'll be orlandi dropping back into the midfield 3 and barnes on the left up top. I'm sure I saw somewhere agustien isn't match fit yet so won't start.

This. I think it'll either by Orlandi or Crofts who sit back in the midfield 3 instead of Agustien with Barnes in the front 3. Would prefer Orlandi, but depends on how Oscar wants to line up...he's the decision maker after all.

Theyorkshireseagull

Aug 31, 2011
Leeds

I reckon this is most likely

With Spanish Dave starting and Agustien coming on for him second half. That said, it may be the other way round?

Theyorkshireseagull

Aug 31, 2011
Leeds
This. I think it'll either by Orlandi or Crofts who sit back in the midfield 3 instead of Agustien with Barnes in the front 3. Would prefer Orlandi, but depends on how Oscar wants to line up...he's the decision maker after all.

Oscar is logging onto NSC at 7pm this evening to check our thoughts before making a decision.

Barnes, Ulloa, Buckley picks itself up top
Orlandi - Bridcutt - Dave/Agustien/Crofts (Crofts must be the fittest of these 3, but quality of other two is better IMO)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here