Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our home fans. S**t.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There are very few clubs who's home support is as good as the away. Away games have a totally different dynamic and a different sort of clientele. You'll never get a comparable atmosphere between the two.

Feb 14, 2010
Been said a million times before and 3 good away days doesnt help but our home supporr is very poor.

Pockets of effort today. The rest just aint up for it.

I assume you are a player or linked to a player. That's right blame the 27000, yes 27000 who paid to watch a team that has not won at home since how long? And in what division? The players at BHA are as ever not fit to play in front of the support. Its not their fault, the players are just not good enough.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
most are hipsters, tourists, middle class types there to get away from the misses, or families.

the 'real' fans are scattered about.

i stood up and swore at the ref (with crazy arm actions) - and hipster type looking people around me in the north looked at me like i was nuts.

8602181125_cf9f034288_o-L.jpg

Well, you did seem barmy then.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
most are hipsters, tourists, middle class types there to get away from the misses, or families.

i stood up and swore at the ref (with crazy arm actions) - and hipster type looking people around me in the north looked at me like i was nuts.

Grow a lumbersexual beard, get some tighter, tapered jeans, stand up and do some shoe gazing throughout the match and the hipsters may back off.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

Think I actually saw this happen! If you're in the nw corner anyway. If not then it happened in front of me as well. Was quite surprised at how many disapproving 'Dad types' there were there today. (Not quite sure what the correct demographic I'm trying to explain here is. 'Dad Types' probably isn't it. For the record I'm a 'dad')

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are very few clubs who's home support is as good as the away. Away games have a totally different dynamic and a different sort of clientele. You'll never get a comparable atmosphere between the two.

There are a few clubs that manage it... and one in particular (who get quite a lot of attention for it - and who's owners constantly bang on about it and do what they can to encourage it) which is perhaps why this rankles with so many.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Is it because those that go away are looking to go and have a good time not sit back and be entertained? Away most are more pissed and are standing. Too many people are cosy at the Amex. Personally I cannot bottle up getting on my feet and laying into the ref, oppo manager or player but as I sit back down I can feel the eyes upon me. Although I enjoy getting under their skin as it may spark a bit of noise from them. When away I don't feel I am being judged and don't care!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You've only had an atmosphere when your backs have been against the wall.
Now TB has made it too nice and comfortable, and the customers expect to get promotion.
The Withdean regulars are being forced into silence by a mixture of poor football and people who don't really want to be there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You've only had an atmosphere when your backs have been against the wall.
Now TB has made it too nice and comfortable, and the customers expect to get promotion.
The Withdean regulars are being forced into silence by a mixture of poor football and people who don't really want to be there.

Get ready, you're going to follow up that observation with we need a drum and goal music....... :facepalm: :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The magic of the amex has never really been recreated since the poyet era
Ha ha ha that would be really, really, funny if it weren't for the fact you might just be serious.
Scratch that, believing the 'Poyet era magic' makes it even funnier.

Also for the millionth time, we are always have been and always will be a reactive crowd.
Going back to those rosy specs day of the Goldstone through to yesterday, we are quiet for one of 3 reasons:-

1 - Not much is happening on the pitch.
b - The away support is poor.
3 - The ref is ok.

At no point have we, the fans, EVER influenced a home game.
Take the second half 'wall of noise' v Reading.
The 9 man game.
Compare Wednesday with next Sunday.

That's just the simple fact of being an Albion fan, deal with it, and enjoy the games how YOU want to, and stop looking at everybody else.

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Get ready, you're going to follow up that observation with we need a drum and goal music....... :facepalm: :wink:

Well you won't need goal music !
Don't diss the drum, at least it will keep the pre match clapping in time.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Like I said in another thread........It may help if the so called 'Northstanders' turned up on time. Every game the northstand is about a 3rd full 10minutes before kick off. The club put 'Fanzone' on to try and create an atmosphere, but there is little point if very little actually make the effort and join in.
Atmosphere's are created both during AND before the game. Just ask any of the old Goldstone 'Northstanders' and ask them what time did you take your position and most will say around 2:30 ish.
I suppose we are too spoilt, being able to get drinks etc right up to KO. Maybe the club shud close the shutters at 2:30 but that will never happen.
So I guess that is what we are left with. It normally takes a good 10 mins to create a good song going, then people are then thinking already thinking about beating the 'q's at half time.......or arguing amongst themselves who should lead the song off.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Think I actually saw this happen! If you're in the nw corner anyway. If not then it happened in front of me as well. Was quite surprised at how many disapproving 'Dad types' there were there today. (Not quite sure what the correct demographic I'm trying to explain here is. 'Dad Types' probably isn't it. For the record I'm a 'dad')

Moved my seat for the last five minutes in East Upper.

Had a final RANT at the Ref only to find this fella covering little Marmaduke's ears:eek:

All kids/parents that might be offended by any swearing should be in the Family Stand.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I actually thought the atmosphere today was as good as it's been for a long while. WSU G Block was pretty animated.

Agreed. I thought that were was rather more of a buzz today, though the usual inability to even look like we are going to score, soon took its toll on the atmosphere. Of course it is up the fans to roar the team on, but it equally behoves the team to give us something to shout about. Albion fans can be very vocal, when given the right conditions. Doncaster first match? 9 men against Burnley? Arsenal cup tie two years ago? It is unrealistic to assume that singing will be for everyone, which is true in any ground, but of course shouting the team on is not asking that much.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Like I said in another thread........It may help if the so called 'Northstanders' turned up on time. Every game the northstand is about a 3rd full 10minutes before kick off. The club put 'Fanzone' on to try and create an atmosphere, but there is little point if very little actually make the effort and join in.
Atmosphere's are created both during AND before the game. Just ask any of the old Goldstone 'Northstanders' and ask them what time did you take your position and most will say around 2:30 ish.
I suppose we are too spoilt, being able to get drinks etc right up to KO. Maybe the club shud close the shutters at 2:30 but that will never happen.
So I guess that is what we are left with. It normally takes a good 10 mins to create a good song going, then people are then thinking already thinking about beating the 'q's at half time.......or arguing amongst themselves who should lead the song off.

Very valid point. I always get to my seat in time for fanzone, and if we all do this, then it would help, and in this respect the North Stand is as "guilty" as anyone. You can still have all the beers you need, just time it for 2.45, say. In the old days, we would all have been in the North Stand, often by 2.30 to work yourself up to a 3pm frenzy!

All kids/parents that might be offended by any swearing should be in the Family Stand.

This,

A guy near us got a right roasting from a Supervisor Steward after being reported by a precious teenage steward for calling the Ref a Cock. This was in WSU.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_nIkR_hzXM

I just taken this form You tube to further make my point.....too may empty seats for fanzone and the only ones that are jumping about are kids. Also you will notice that the majority of the adults only seem to clap etc, when they find themselves on the big screen (quite funny to see how people react)

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Think the fans in this block need to swap with some in the north.

You know who you are quiet north standers, f**ck off to the east upper !!!

Therd I said it.

Well some one had to

I'm being lazy but as I said on another thread...why don't those that claim to be the atmosphere move down to the southwest next to the away support. You could even be able to tell the club the numbers needed if your so regular and such a tight bunch. Simples. Sorted. Why not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here