Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our home fans. S**t.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There are so many contributing factors to the poor atmosphere, not least of which is what is happening on the pitch. The NS has got off to a good start in most games this season but a lack of application and effort on the pitch undoubtedly transfers to the fans.

Then we have the problem with the stewards. Not 10 minutes in on Saturday and they were telling people to sit down! The stewards should be sent up to the Valley to see how the Charlton stewards behave; friendly, relaxed and non-confrontational.

We know about the issues with 2/3 groups singing different songs at the same time and solutions have been suggested: unreserved seating being the best option at present (as Barber has consistently rejected the idea of safe standing). It truly pains me to say it, but when I see the Palace "ultras" all gathered together, able to stand, sing & dance without interference from stewards, it makes me want to :cry:.

If the club wanted it we could replicate that atmos at the Amex. But the club (or at least Barber) doesn't want fans...they want "customers" and the poor atmosphere is the price we have to pay.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There are so many contributing factors to the poor atmosphere, not least of which is what is happening on the pitch. The NS has got off to a good start in most games this season but a lack of application and effort on the pitch undoubtedly transfers to the fans.

Then we have the problem with the stewards. Not 10 minutes in on Saturday and they were telling people to sit down! The stewards should be sent up to the Valley to see how the Charlton stewards behave; friendly, relaxed and non-confrontational.

We know about the issues with 2/3 groups singing different songs at the same time and solutions have been suggested: unreserved seating being the best option at present (as Barber has consistently rejected the idea of safe standing). It truly pains me to say it, but when I see the Palace "ultras" all gathered together, able to stand, sing & dance without interference from stewards, it makes me want to :cry:.

If the club wanted it we could replicate that atmos at the Amex. But the club (or at least Barber) doesn't want fans...they want "customers" and the poor atmosphere is the price we have to pay.
Very familiar sentiments but well put. More relaxed stewarding in areas of the ground (parts of the North Stand and the SWC) is absolutely what is required. People who do not want to stand and sing will complain, and ultimately be forced out of those areas, but the benefits outweigh this downside by about 100 to 1.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
At Withdean many of us used to exercise a perfectly-timed run from the Brewery Tap, arriving at our seats EXACTLY as the game was kicking off.

Why on earth would a grown adult without any kids in tow want to get to their seat in time for fanzone? Must be the exact opposite for most.

At Withdean, pre-kids, I sometimes missed the first 5-10 minutes due to that last pint, one match, during the 2nd MA period, I think, we missed the entire 1st half. On arriving at HT my surrounding STHs just said "You were lucky you missed that".

Even now, with kids, they bundle on down at 2 p.m. to watch the warm up, fanzone etc, I bimble down at around 2.55 to catch the teams coming out. Kids record of getting on camera is 5 times in a season, this year once, apparently that's because they're getting older!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Been said a million times before and 3 good away days doesnt help but our home supporr is very poor.

Pockets of effort today. The rest just aint up for it.
Seeing folk twiddling on their poxy phones all match pisses me off. The Amex Wi-Fi really doesn't help the atmosphere.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
That just gave me goosebumps. Suberb atmosphere that day especially after Buckley's goal. Especially liked seeing Calderon ushering all the players over to clap the fans!

This is what we need to strive for at the next home game, so feck sake everybody stand up and sing!!!:ascarf:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The club want a better atmosphere.

They arranged a meeting with fans to see how things could be improved.

Now it's up to the club to do something, rather than talk about doing something.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As many, many have said.....aside from other issues the biggest difference at The Amex apart from other grounds is away fans having 'an end'. Stick 'em next to the rampant North, less applauding of visitor nos. and we might make it tricky again.

Come on guys, you managed the Johnny Cash LP and the fading down of GOSBTS so someone out there reads this stuff.

Jan 30, 2008
As many, many have said.....aside from other issues the biggest difference at The Amex apart from other grounds is away fans having 'an end'. Stick 'em next to the rampant North, less applauding of visitor nos. and we might make it tricky again.
Themed beers ,soppy lighting , clapping them, all comedy gold, how many do you see sharing a beer in the home stands after the game
regards
DR

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Goodison Park is hardly rocking. Another team playing poorly which unsurprisingly doesn't make for a good atmosphere.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Goodison Park is hardly rocking. Another team playing poorly which unsurprisingly doesn't make for a good atmosphere.

Was just going to post the same comment. It's not just an Amex/Brighton problem. Goodison is very very quiet. As I've said before, it quite obviously takes a good team performance to really get the crowd going.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was just going to post the same comment. It's not just an Amex/Brighton problem. Goodison is very very quiet. As I've said before, it quite obviously takes a good team performance to really get the crowd going.

All the weekend games on TV were similar except Derby/Forest, even WHU when they were winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here