Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other teams Transfer Business

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Everton would be our competitors for a top 10 place if that is what we think we are.

Puts it in perspective.

4th bottom would be a success for us

To be fair no one is saying that. It’s Tony’s aim to eventually become a top 10 team.

Let’s not start expecting top 10 finishes and what have you. Stay humble.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Me vs FourFourTwo. I predicting Liverpool as champions, them Citeh. Positions 3-7 were identical, as were positions 17-20. However, positions 8-16 seem up for grabs. A league within a league.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Matthew Cash the first of several big money moves for Villa, £16m.

The biggest being Sockboy to United I guess...

whoever they get in to replace him will have to be damn good, to just be on the same level as last season.
He might be annoying, but he has drive, passion and love for Villa you can't replicate cheap.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Everton would be our competitors for a top 10 place if that is what we think we are.

Puts it in perspective.

4th bottom would be a success for us

4th bottom would be a success for them if they get themselves in a relegation battle which is unlikely but not impossible.

As for top ten realistic fans probably don't expect us to consistently get top 10 for a fair few seasons yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Me vs FourFourTwo. I predicting Liverpool as champions, them Citeh. Positions 3-7 were identical, as were positions 17-20. However, positions 8-16 seem up for grabs. A league within a league.

FourFourTwo have us finishing 14th, which is not an unreasonable punt. Saying that Mooy is a big loss is an indication that they don't know much about our squad though - though I suppose actually knowing that Mooy played for us puts them ahead of many pundits!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
West Ham have made a £20m bid for Burnley defender James Tarkowski, as they prepare to spend the money from Grady Diangana's controversial sale to West Brom. (Daily Telegraph)

I wonder if Burnley fans rate Tarkowski as much as we rate Dunk? If so, West Ham need to double their bid.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Dunk valued over £40 Million and Ben White over £25Million, Renewing there contracts is the transfer equivalent of spending £65 Million on just those two players for us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hope we have nothing whatsoever to do with this bidding war for a player with a dodgy injury record and well past his best.

Dont think so... Newcastle and Villa... Seems to be the idiots going at it. Expecting West Ham to join in.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
£35 million for an 18 year old. Wolves. Let that sink in.
That's what we're competing with.
(Good signings by Sheffield Utd).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Newcastle in for attacking Brazilian left back
Rogerio too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...lks-to-sign-brazilian-left-back-from-sassuolo

https://youtu.be/v_hibC6jUgE

With a very similar shopping list to us, I must say that they seem to be ahead of the queue and emptying the shelves before we get there.

Striker: Wilson (them or Villa).
LB: Jamal Lewis bid accepted.
LWB: In talks for Rogerio.
Winger: In talks with Fraser (a man who loves to assist Wilson) having beaten off Palace.

Have they blown their beans too soon or are the best deals at the end of the window?

We’ll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here