Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other teams Transfer Business

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Anybody having any doubts we'll actually sign a new striker this window or will GP just try to improve what we have? All gone a bit quiet on this front although we've still got two and a half weeks before the big kick off.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Anybody having any doubts we'll actually sign a new striker this window or will GP just try to improve what we have? All gone a bit quiet on this front although we've still got two and a half weeks before the big kick off.

I think we will, but it will be complementary striker to Maupay who I believe will still be our number one striker at the outset. Someone like Nunez fits the bill and I for one hope it is him. Connolly will have the opportunity to push on and Glenn will remain the stalwart back up.

I do not expect any sort of glamour signing at the forward position. The way this squad is shaping up, there is actually a lot of competition to get into that first XI right now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's had 17 games in the PL with Bolton and scored one goal. His scoring record for Valencia isn't earth-shattering either - 38 goals in 172 games - not terrible but not astounding.

30m Euros looks a bit steep for a 29-year-old unproven PL performer - we shall see

He’s also very prone to injury, not big injuries but niggly muscle pulls etc, should serve him well in Bielsa’s unrelenting physical style.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He was quite young when at Bolton. Looks a great signing for them and exactly what they need. Yes, at 29, he is not one for the future but if he keeps them up next season and the one after that will be job done.

We would be happy to sign him and there is no point pretending we wouldn’t.

I appreciate you speaking on behalf of all of us, but Rodrigo is a not a player that I would particularly want. His goal scoring record is very underwhelming and he’s quite susceptible to injury.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
It seems to me that most clubs haven't really progressed in this window so far. Chelsea look to have strengthened, but lost William, and Arsenal look the better for having William. We've also added two quality players and lost no-one we don't want to. City have lost Silva and Sane, replaced them with less good players but tried to sort out their defence with Ake - overall probably staying in about the same place. Saints and Spurs have a similar lost-one-gained-one but doesn't look to have made them better or worse on paper.

Still a long way to go.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Good player Eze. Bugger.

Could be, but my QPR mate reckons, superb 1-4 games, then bloody awful. Like all
Signings (including our signing that youngster from Leeds, White?) they are a risk, you will never know how they work out. If they can get him playing more consistently, then it might be a good signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Leeds turnover is significantly more than ours. Just compare what theirs was in champ compared to us.

If you strip out broadcast revenue, they are roughly £12m ahead. You'd expect both commercial numbers to be increasing, but Leeds very likely to increase at a greater rate than ours. They are clearly a bigger commercial draw and won't give a shit about getting into bed with retail gambling outfits, etc. But, the delta is really not that significant, given broadcast is over £100m. God knows what they'll be paying Rodrigo, who must be on close to £100k pw at Valencia. You'd think they'd be insane to pay him anywhere near that, but their wage inflation might get out of control if they start down that road. Ours is bad enough - largely due to having 16,000 players.

Leeds
£18m Matchday
£21m Commercial

Brighton
£18.5m Matchday
£8.8m Commercial

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Think we may have missed a trick here. Should of Enquired considering the Bruno links with Valencia

He's not to dissimilar to Andone just played in a better side in Spain. Think there's better out there for far less and think our Striker options are still far better than theirs. Good signing for them nonetheless if it doesn't work out that's a lot of money on a player reaching the end of his prime years.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He doesn’t play upfront, same as trossard position. So trossard is shithouse too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the key to [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] point is reference of a ‘top club’. If Trossard had been playing for a team that had finished 4th, 4th and 9th in La Liga you’d have grounds for a comparison, however, Trossard has a similar record whilst playing for a bottom half Premier League club. A player in Rodrigo’s position should be scoring more goals than he has.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I appreciate you speaking on behalf of all of us, but Rodrigo is a not a player that I would particularly want. His goal scoring record is very underwhelming and he’s quite susceptible to injury.

Agree, and I’m not just saying this Leeds lurkers, but I genuinely don’t see the appeal of this signing.

Past his best striker, no Prem experience. No other clubs after him, poor record.

He reminds me of the Spanish lad Spurs got many years ago who couldn’t score. Trivia question there if anyone can remember (not Llorente).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Well one things for sure, we are definitely being linked with a fair number of strikers this window. More than previous years.

So would assume the club are actively trying.

It may well go to deadline day. Let’s see.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I thought their chairman wanted to emulate our more sustainable less fool hardy approach to the PL?

100k wages as a newly promoted club, smashing your existing high earner's stricture by 150% is not something we would do and thankfully so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here