OT: trojan attack help needed!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
There's plenty of justification for buying a Mac other then security, but yes I wouldn't use security as the sole justification, it's a bonus if you will. A £500 PC does not compare (screen, spec, case, design etc.) £1k Mac (although to a certain degree, it's an irrelevance for me as you can't - legitimately - run OSX on a PC, to me the OS is justification itself! :D). To get something nicely built/designed that is comparable (disregarding the fact that I don't particularly want to run windows anymore - have done for *many* years) you need to spend upwards of £800 at least. Anyway, I digress, that's for another thread/debate :D
Why should I care how my PC is designed - it sits on the floor by my feet, can't even see it at present.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
If it shows you where on the drive it is.. Let me know and also the name of the file..

Right the pop up is xp antivirus 2012 firewall alert its stopping me going on line as either FireFox or internet explorer is infected with trojan-BNK.Win32.keylogger.gen . I have the pc open in safe mode but I can't get online to install anything! Help!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My PC was absolutly crippled with virus's , i put Iobit advanced system care on it following advice on here along with ccleaner and something called reg tweaker and it runs well now. (blue screens of death , trojan , loss of icons , the lot) . Did this safe mode with networking

Occasionally the PC has a wobble but re-running these things seems to sort it out

Do occasionally get a windows error when on internet explorer but can't get rid of that whatever i try , google chrome and firefox make no difference either, just says internet explorer has stopped working and the problem details as follows - , sorry to add to this thread but seems a good place

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.6001.18904
Application Timestamp: 4b835fec
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d6aa
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0001595b
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: d6aa
Additional Information 2: 550813108d42c370043e28bb37aac5af
Additional Information 3: d6aa
Additional Information 4: 550813108d42c370043e28bb37aac5af

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Right the pop up is xp antivirus 2012 firewall alert its stopping me going on line as either FireFox or internet explorer is infected with trojan-BNK.Win32.keylogger.gen . I have the pc open in safe mode but I can't get online to install anything! Help!

Ok.. I have sent you a PM.. Good luck!!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
I got caught a month or so back by something that infected my laptop and stopped me opening any EXE files, which was pretty much everything. Took it into a local PC shop who said that for £60 they would fix it and get rid of any trojans malware etc. Luckily a good mate and fellow poster emailed me on a different laptop a prog called Hitman Pro 35. Popped that on a stick, opened the buggered PC in safe mode, installed and ran it. Problem solved.

From memory it all happened because I was stupid enough to believe something that came up pretending to be one of my anti spyware progs that I run, suggesting that I delete an infected file. Instead all i did was import the bloody problem. and knacker my EXE files. What I should have done in hindsight was rip the battery out!

There really are some bastards out there!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's personal opinion but I consider Sophos one of the best security software companies available. Try their Rootkit :

http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-anti-rootkit.aspx

Also, if your employer runs Sophos then Sophos will allow them to give you a license to run it on your home PC. You'll need to justify to your employer that you "sometimes" use your home PC for work but some are OK with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports